Don’t you love it when you get everything you need for a healthy supper in one. freakin’. pan!? You don’t have to worry about needing this pot for this thing; and then this pan for this part of the meal!
It’s just all in one my friend.
If you’re obsessed with one-pan meals like I am, then I think you’ll really appreciate this Chicken with Roasted Rainbow Vegetables.
Not only is it all-in-one dish, it’s also got everything you need in one recipe for a healthy supper:
- The carb (potato)
- And the protein (chicken)
Plus, if you’re like me, washing one (or two or three) less pots and pans at dinnertime is worth writing home about.
And as if that’s not enough, it tastes amazing! Major suppertime win! 😄
Although it's technically not a quick cooking recipe, this Chicken with Roasted Rainbow Veggies recipe does come together quickly and easily.
This recipe was suggested to me by a friend – based off one from Jamie Oliver, so of course, it was a smash hit in my house.
Because really, if it’s from Mr. Oliver, how can one go wrong?
I made a few modifications to my taste and it turned out beautifully.
Although it’s technically not a quick cooking recipe, this Chicken with Roasted Rainbow Veggies recipe does come together quickly and easily.
You can put everything into a large baking dish and then cover it with tinfoil and pop it in the fridge till you’re ready to cook it. It’s a go-to supper on a weekend for me.
The original recipe called for boneless, skinless chicken thighs, would be a nice flavour too but I had breasts on hand so breasts it was.
I also added a layer of sliced Yukon gold potatoes to the bottom of the dish. I love these potatoes in baked dished. I’ve also made it with the mini-potatoes too.
Mine was done in about an hour and 10 minutes.
Be sure to baste the chicken with the juices a few times throughout the cooking process – especially if you’re using the chicken breasts – will really help them from drying out.
With 4 medium chicken breasts, or 3 large ones, we get about 6 servings from this so we can get a couple lunches out of the leftovers, which is great.
The past few weeks, I’ve been doing some large meal that make about 6 servings and packing it up in lunch containers so both Jason and I have an easy lunch.
When you taste this dish, I think you’re gonna love how sweet everything tastes – the natural sweetness of the peppers really comes out.
And roasted the garlic in their skins keeps so much flavour in – make sure you squeeze out all that garlicky goodness after they’re roasted 😄
If you make it, please let me know how it turned out and leave your comments below! I love hearing from you🙋♀️
Chicken with Roasted Rainbow Vegetables
- 1 large yukon gold potato
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 large red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 bunch of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Use a large baking dish for this recipe (about 25cm x 35 cm). Drizzle about one tbsp of olive oil onto the pan.
- Sliced yukon potato thinly and place on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, peppers and onions and place on top of the potato layer. Place chicken breasts (or thighs) on top. Squash the unpeeled garlic cloves with the back of your knife and add to the tray.
- Add the thyme leaves and sprinkle over the paprika. Then top with the the oil, balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss everything together really well to coat, then spread across the baking dish. Make sure the chicken isn’t covered by the vegetables. No need to cover this with tinfoil either.
- Bake for about one hour or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.