I’ve always wanted to make High Protein Gluten Free Muffins but honestly, I didn’t know how this would even be possible?!
Muffins without flour?
That’s a thing…?🤷♀️
Well I learned that it actually is “a thing” and I was super pleased when these High Protein Gluten Free Muffins turned out to be one of the best muffin recipes ever.
But these High Protein Gluten Free Muffins really hit the mark when it comes to something I recently discovered about myself.
After going through my 14-Day Full Body Reset and finding out that too much gluten causes me to feel suuuuper tired and just blaaaah, among other things, I’m always on the lookout for easy and delicious recipes that skip the gluten, not the taste.
These High Protein Gluten Free Muffins fit the bill nicely.
Because they have eggs as the main ingredient, they’re super satisfying. They do need more egg whites than yolks so if you don’t like the idea of not using all the egg yolks, you can use the egg whites in a carton.
I’ve made them with blueberries and chocolate chips for something fun (who doesn’t want chocolate for breakfast?!)
This recipe is one adapted from Chelsey Amer Nutrition, who by the way, has a ton of awesome content on her site so check her out for sure and give her a follow. (I’m patiently waiting to make her BBQ Tofu with Veggies on her site once we replace our defunked BBQ. It looks so good!)
I took out the oat bran from the original recipe and added more ground flax seed, cinnamon and blueberries.
These muffins are a great change up to my routine of eggs mid-morning (another boiled egg?!) or if I have the opportunity to heat them up, 30 seconds in the microwave and these High Protein Gluten Free Muffins are a savoury treat.
I hope you love these Gluten Free High Protein Muffins!
And be sure to let me know:
- Blueberries or Chocolate Chips…
What would you rather have in these?
Keep it up my friend!
High Protein Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins
- 7 large egg whites
- 3 large whole eggs
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with silicone muffin cups or spray with non-stick spray to prevent sticking.
- Combine the egg whites, eggs, banana and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Whisk well until combined.
- Combine the ground flax seed, chia seeds, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the ground flax seed mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Add the blueberries and stir to combine
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full.
- Bake the muffins for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the centre comes out clean.