I used to buy Aunt Jemima…
No kidding! I would buy this pancake mix, without realizing how easy it was to just make pancakes! Of course, these Simple Banana Oat ones aren’t like super fluffy or anything but I do prefer them to the more tradition pancake.
I liked the traditional pancakes but didn’t find them filling or particularly satisfying (hello white flour and syrup!) so that’s why I love these Simple Banana Oat Pancakes.
This recipe for Simple Banana Oat Pancakes is such a cinch to throw together.
And my toddler even eats them – score!
I love the fact that they are simple and healthy. You can put whatever you feel like on them too – blueberries and peanut butter are faves in my house.
There are so many variations on this type of pancake out there – I found this combination of ingredients to be the right consistency and not-too-think/not-too-thin once cooked. Since they contain no flour, they are gluten-free, although if you’re really sensitive to gluten, you would be using gluten free oats.
The recipe only makes about 10 and they’re small so just double everything (or triple!) if you need lots.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: About 10 small pancakes
- 1/2 cup large flake or quick cooking oats (not instant and not steel cut)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1 egg
- Cinnamon to taste
- Pinch of salt
- *Note: I made these a few times and with the exact same ingredients, the batter was a little too thick or too thin. It makes a difference if the banana is small or really large. Just add more oats if you find the batter is too thin; more almond milk if the batter is too thick.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana into the oats, almond milk
- Add egg, cinnamon and salt and combine
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a medium-hot non-stick pan
- Cook until done, about 5 minutes each side