Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Crunchy Slaw are in the house!
Here's what you'll need to make these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with Crunchy Slaw:
This delish creation was inspired from a recent trip for tacos in Toronto at La Carnita.
Oh boy, dem some good tacos 🙂
I love how the tortillas are super small so they're stuffed to the brim - none of the layers and layers of wasted tortilla.
If you're not a fan of chicken, you could substitute pork or even go vegan and bake some tofu or black bean burger filling.
The cilantro and the cool "ranch dip" I made were key to boosting the flavour factor in these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos.
Maybe I'll get more adventurous and next time try a taco with some cauliflower - that seems to be a popular vegetarian option when I'm at these taco restaurants.
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
When it comes to cooking in my books, there are no rules and especially when it comes to making TACOS 🙂
Hope you love these slow cooker chicken tacos????
Check out these other healthy and gluten-free recipes:
- Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast
- Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta (gluten-free)
- Lemony Brown Rice, Broccoli and Feta Salad
- Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (gluten-free)
- Easy Weeknight Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Slow cooker
Dressing for slaw
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
For the chicken filling
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (gluten-free)
- ½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 10 small tortillas, corn or gluten-free
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (coleslaw)
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 2 Limes
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 Pinchess of kosher salt
- 1 lime (for the juice)
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and cover with BBQ sauce and the ½ cup of chicken broth. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for about 2 hours (check your slow cooker for accurate cook times.)
- Mix up the cool up the cool dip and store in the fridge till you need it.
- While the chicken cooks, you can also make the dressing for the slaw. Don't toss the cabbage in the dressing until when you've shredded the chicken (the dressing causes the slaw to get soft after a while.)
- When chicken is done, shred with 2 forks.
- Heat tortillas as directed. Usually can safely wrap in tinfoil and heat for 5-7 mins in 350F oven.
- When tortillas are heated, remove from oven and assemble tacos: Put a small amount of chicken and slaw on each one.
- Top with cilantro, fresh lime juice and a spoonful of the cool dip. Serve warm.