Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
This Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans) is perfect for a weeknight when you need a healthy meal done in 30 minutes!
- 3 chicken breasts fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp Taco spice mix homemade or pre-made
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen
- 3 large carrots, grated 2 cups total
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 container fresh salsa (about 2 cups)
Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot and add the taco spice to the breast directly.
Add all other ingredients and stir.
Set at high pressure for 15 minutes
When the timer is done, do a quick pressure release. Be careful not to burn yourself!
Carefully take the chicken breasts out of the pot and shred them with 2 forks. Put shredded chicken back into the pot and stir.
Serve hot with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and cilantro as desired on top.
Leftovers are amazing and keep fine for up to 3 days in the fridge. Keep in an air-tight container.
If you don't have fresh salsa, regular jarred salsa works fine