Hi there and welcome to Eats by April!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’m April and here you’ll find healthy, simple, family-friendly recipes for busy moms who want to ditch the diets and eat healthy for life.
After years of digging my heels in about cooking healthy meals for my family (that they’d actually eat) and that were healthy and suitable for eating while driving (it happens), Eats by April was born.
Plus, and I’m gonna have to level with you here: I’ve literally tried every diet out there over the years.
Low fat, high fat. High carb, low carb, Atkins, etc, etc, etc.
The problem was I really, really didn’t want to give up carbs!
So for me, the frequent eating of smaller amounts of fueling foods really worked to control my cravings, weight and energy level.
Other fun (and some strange) facts about me:
- My thumbs and big toes are mixed up. Shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll show you my toe thumbs. Just put “toe thumbs” in the title of the email
- I have a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Nutritional Sciences, a Masters in Public Health, I’m a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator
- For 6 weeks, I cooked meals while staring up at giant, female tarantulas in Guyana, South America as part of a volunteer program (females are more aggressive than males – they’ll jump on you. No joke)
- I have no tattoos. Once I got a belly piercing and my mom was extremely grossed out. It later got severely infected
- I love fried chicken
- My oldest son looks exactly like my husband (poker straight hair) and my younger one looks like me (super curly mop.) Cameron’s been referred to as a girl so many times in public, I’ve stopped correcting people🤷♀️
- Once in grade 8, I got my hair cut so short that people in public referred to ME as my mom’s younger son. I was grateful that she corrected them
- One day, I’d like to have a website all about cupcakes and tacos (www.cupcakesandtacos.com, my friend) Until then, I’ll keep going with healthy, simple, family-friendly recipes busy moms like you, who want to ditch the diets and eat healthy for life
If you’re ready to make some changes; ditch the diets for good and love carbs like I do, then you’re in the right place.
Get started with my free ebook: How Many Carbs Should I Eat and get ready to say buh-bye to diets for good.
I’ll see you on the inside🙋♀️