Hey there and welcome to Eats by April!
Thanks for stopping by😄
I'm April and this site is dedicated to simple, gluten-free recipes for busy moms with gluten intolerance.
After years of painful bloating and reflux with daily debilitating nausea, I was done.
I finally decided to look into the stomach issues that I was living with for so long.
The breaking point wasn’t the phone call from the surgeon giving me my results from my gastroscopy and biopsy (inflammation of the stomach lining likely caused by non-celiac gluten sensitivity.)
For me, what hit home was when my hubby said:
“I can’t remember a time when your stomach WASN’T bothering you.”
What a wake up call.
I mean, I knew it was bad - I was the one doubled over in bed while my boys and Jason rode bikes to the park - painful in more ways than one.
I hated missing out on doing things with them and I couldn't figure out what was going on with my stomach.
And I'm a dietitian for crying out loud!
So if you're having bloating or nausea too and you suspect you have gluten intolerance, you know what I'm talking about.
Shifting to a gluten-free life may seem daunting.
And you wouldn’t believe the transformation I achieved by following a gluten-free diet.
With my super easy gluten-friendly recipes that made my life with non-celiac gluten sensitivity actually liveable.
After finally cutting out gluten (for good this time), I haven't had one painful episode of bloating or nausea.
And the best part?
I haven't missed out on anything with my hubby and kids♥️
Now my focus of this blog is to share easy and gluten-free recipes, tips and tricks for busy moms with gluten intolerance.
When I'm not working, blogging, or thinking about food, I'll do other stuff!
In the summer, I'll be in our backyard in the pool with my kids and hubby.
In the winter, we'll be in a hockey arena or skiing down some slopes together.
A few other facts about me:
- My thumbs and big toes are mixed up. Shoot me an email to [email protected] and I'll show you my toe thumbs. Just put "toe thumbs" in the title of the email
- I have a Bachelor's of Science in Human Nutritional Sciences, a Masters in Public Health, I'm a Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator
- For 6 weeks, I cooked meals while staring up at giant, female tarantulas in Guyana, South America as part of a volunteer program (females are more aggressive than males - they'll jump on you. No joke)
- I have no tattoos. Once I got a belly piercing and my mom was extremely grossed out. It later got severely infected
- I love spicy chicken and Prosecco. Preferably together.
- My oldest son looks exactly like my husband (poker straight hair) and my younger one looks like me (super curly mop.) Cameron's been referred to as a girl so many times in public, I've stopped correcting people🤷♀️
- Once in grade 8, I got my hair cut so short that people in public referred to ME as my mom's younger son. I was grateful that she corrected them
If you also have non-celiac gluten sensitivity and are fed up with how many things you’ve missed out on because you didn’t feel well, let’s end that now.
I know that living a life that's gluten-friendly for busy moms with gluten intolerance can be difficult.
That's why I help you slowly change your habits so that you can improve your health and live a better, gluten-free life.
And I'm right here with you.
At Eats by April, I provide easy gluten-friendly recipes, perfect for anyone living with gluten intolerance or non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
So take back your life and the joy you’ve been missing out on!
Ready? Time to dive in🙋♀️
Get started by grabbing my cheat sheet: Foods to Avoid: for busy moms with gluten intolerance.
I'll see you on the inside😄
Want more? Check out these posts: