This Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans!) will be your next favourite lifesaver of a weeknight meal.
Put 6 ingredients in the Instant Pot and before you know it, you’ll have a gluten-free and super yummy meal the whole family will dig into😋
I mean, ready in 25 min and completely hands off? Sign me up Susan😉
This recipe is from my friend Jolene who made it up on a whim and her kids ate it up.
As do mine.
Healthy and easy weeknight meals that are also gluten-free are always welcome in my house and this Instant Pot Chicken Soup fits the bill nicely.
This is one of those recipes you’ll go back to again and again because it’s such a crowd pleaser.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this delicious Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans!):
- 3 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen – either works)
- Taco spice mix – you can use a pre-made one or make your own with these spices you probably have in your spice cupboard
- 2 cups of corn – frozen or canned works
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 container of fresh salsa (2 cups) – I like Garden Fresh’s Wild Mild
Can I use regular (non-fresh) salsa?
Definitely. I’ve used both and the regular (jarred) salsa works just fine in my books.
What if my chicken breasts are solid frozen?
No problem! Put em in and keep the time the same. It works like a charm every time.
This recipe is so easy and healthy – why didn’t you share it sooner?
I know, right?!
Hope you love this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup😋
If you like the sound of this, you may also fall in love with these recipes too:
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
- Pressure cooker (Instant Pot)
- 3 chicken breasts fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp Taco spice mix homemade or pre-made
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen
- 3 large carrots, grated 2 cups total
- 5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 container fresh salsa
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot and add the taco spice to the breast directly.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Set at high pressure for 15 minutes
- When the timer is done, do a quick pressure release. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Carefully take the chicken breasts out of the pot and shred them with 2 forks. Put shredded chicken back into the pot and stir.
- Serve hot with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and cilantro as desired on top.