This Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans) is perfect for a weeknight when you need a healthy meal done in 30 minutes! You'll use your Instant Pot so you can "set-it and forget it". Fresh salsa, delicious carrots and sweet corn all come together with a taco-inspired spice mix to bring wonderful flavour and a healthy weeknight meal to you and the family.
This Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans!) will be your next favourite lifesaver of a weeknight meal.
Put 6 ingredients in the Instant Pot and before you know it, you'll have a gluten-free and super yummy meal the whole family will dig into.
When you just get started going gluten-free, it can be really, really challenging to find meals that the whole family will eat AND are still gluten-free.
This chicken tortilla soup is here to save the day!
I mean, ready in 25 min and completely hands off?
Sign me up Susan.
This recipe is from my friend Jolene who made it up on a whim and her kids ate it up.
As do mine.
It'll be a recipe to help get YOU on track with gluten-free eating and your family will be none the wiser😉
If you're looking for a whole meal plan to get you on the gluten-free path, go here and grab my Gluten Free Diet Plan for Beginners (PDF download).
📝 Ingredients Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 3 chicken breasts - fresh or frozen is fine because either works
- Taco spice mix - you can use a pre-made one or make your own with these spices you probably have in your spice cupboard
- 2 cups of corn - frozen or canned works
- 3 large carrots
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 container of fresh salsa (2 cups) - I like Garden Fresh's Wild Mild
Making this chicken tortilla soup is a snap.
High level steps below - check out the recipe card for details and below for helpful hints and tips.
- Salsa - if you don't have fresh salad, you can use the regular (jarred) salsa. It works just fine in my books. If you have regular, jarred salsa, use 2 cups for the recipe.
❓What if my chicken breasts are solid frozen?
No problem! Put 'em in and keep the time the same.
It works like a charm every time.
🥡Storage and Freezing
This chicken soup will be good in the fridge for up to 4 days. Keep it in an air-tight container.
This soup is perfect for leftovers the next day for lunch. Keep some chicken broth on hand if you need to add some when you're re-heating any leftovers.
I haven't tried freezing it yet so proceed with caution there. Let me know if you do🙋♀️
Hope you love this Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe!
If you want to check out more gluten-free soup recipes, hop on over to this recipe for Easy Winter Soup with Beans or Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans AND this one for Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes🍠
📹Two Top Tips from me!
If you like the sound of this, you may also fall in love with these recipes too:
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chili
- Simple Haddock Quesadillas
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken with Chickpeas
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
- Pressure cooker (Instant Pot)
- 3 chicken breasts fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon Taco spice mix homemade or pre-made
- 2 cups corn canned or frozen
- 3 large carrots, grated 2 cups total
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth gluten-free
- 1 container fresh salsa (about 2 cups)
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot and add the taco spice to the breast directly.
- Add the corn, shredded carrots, chicken broth and salsa. Give everything a stir.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When the timer is done, do a quick pressure release. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Once it's safe to do so, carefully take the chicken breasts out of the pot and shred them with 2 forks on a cutting board. Put shredded chicken back into the pot and stir.
- It's now ready to eat! Serve hot with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and cilantro if you want on top.