This Easy Black Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Soup made in your Instant Pot is full of flavour and made with simple ingredients.
Nothing like a gluten-free and carb-friendly soup to get us through the winter🥶
Well. Ok. We may need more than soup to get us through this winter but you know.
Yummy soups still welcome.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Easy Black Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Soup:
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Pickled jalapeños (optional)
- Black Beans
- Red Peppers
- Chicken broth – no or low salt
How do I roast my own red peppers?
Lemme tell ya: this is an eeeeasy one.
All you do it just toss roughly chopped red peppers in a baking dish with olive oil, paprika and fresh pepper. Then bake in a pre-heated oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. That’s it!
Make ahead tip: got a hot oven from say, Friday Pizza Night?🍕
Pop the red peppers in and get the roasting out of the way.
Store in an air-tight container overnight and make the black bean soup in the next day or two.
This black bean soup is great for leftovers too. It makes an easy work-from-home-lunch, paired with some gluten-free crackers and tuna.
Easy peasy, delicious and healthy to boot😄
I hope you love this easy black bean and roasted red pepper soup recipe!
Check out these other delicious and easy soup recipes:
Easy Black Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Soup (Instant Pot)
Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 red peppers, roughly diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp pickled jalapeños
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed (about 4.5 cups)
- 4 cups no-salt added chicken broth
- Cilantro, crushed tortilla chips and sour cream for serving
Roasted Red Peppers
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Toss roughly chopped red peppers in a baking dish with olive oil, paprika and fresh pepper.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- When the peppers have 5 minutes left in the oven, start the soup.
Black Bean Soup
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in Instant Pot on "Saute". Once the oil is shiny and pot indicates "Hot", add onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chili, cumin, 1 tsp salt and some fresh ground pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add jalapeños, beans, broth, and roasted red peppers once done roasting. Stir to combine.
- Press "Cancel" to turn off "Saute" function. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot. Select "Soup" (low pressure). The default time is 30 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow at 10 minute NPR and the release the steam value. Once the pin has dropped, carefully remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Use a hand blender to puree the soup until the large chunks of the red pepper are blended.
- Serve hot, topped with some sour cream, crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese and/or cilantro.