This Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad is perfect when you need a simple salad fast. It’s a delicious winter salad with bright pomegranate seeds and crunchy pistachios.
This Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad is always a hit over the holidays at my house – and at any point in the winter really.
An easy butter lettuce salad is perfect for a side at dinner or paired with some tuna and gluten-free crackers if you’re working from home like me🙋♀️
Salads can be a fantastic way to get some vitamins, antioxidants and fibre into you – and they can help you stick with your gluten-free diet easily enough.
Just don’t only have salad – pair it with protein and/or some healthy carbs.
You don’t wanna be hungry 5 minutes after eating. The. Worst🤦♀️
Here’s what you’ll need to make this simple salad with pomegranate seeds:
- Butter lettuce – I love this “living lettuce” and it has 2 different varieties: 1 red butter and 1 Boston green
- Pomegranate seeds – fresh or frozen (thawed) work
- Pistachios – shelled
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- Garlic clove
How do you get the pomegranate seeds out of the pomegranate?
Ok, I’ve heard some interesting ways to do this but lemme tell you my friend the best and easiest way to get the seeds outta there?
- Cut the pomegranate in half.
- Turn it upside down in your palm (so the cut-side is in the palm of your hand.)
- Whack the back of it with a wooden spoon.
The seeds just come out! If I’m really in a pinch, I’ll just do it right over the dish I’m serving (no one ever minds a little pom juice splatter really) or you can do it over a large bowl to catch the pomegranate seeds and the pretty juice splatter.
I hope you love this delicious and simple winter salad as much as we do.
Here’s a few more easy and and gluten-free recipes:
Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 large head of butter lettuce or 2 small (about 8 cups)
- ½ cucumber sliced
- 1 pomegranate seeded or 1/3 cup seeds
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios chopped
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients together.
- Hand tear the butter lettuce into a salad bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss with the salad dressing. Serve.