This healthy sheet pan meal of chicken, broccoli and potatoes is made with simple ingredients and brimming with delicious maple + Dijon flavour! Lean chicken breast, fresh broccoli and creamy potatoes come together in a one-pan dish that makes getting supper on the table a breeze. Healthy, gluten-free eating has never been so fabulous.
Calling everybody who LOVES recipes that are healthy, easy to make and naturally gluten-free!
This sheet pan chicken, broccoli and potatoes recipe is sweet and tangy - thanks to the combo maple syrup and dijon mustard.
This sheet pan meal of chicken, broccoli and potatoes will be RIGHT up your alley.
I mean, what's not to like?
You get a bunch of ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard or fridge and with the help of some dijon mustard and maple syrup, make a yummy sauce, bake it in the oven and you're off to the races.
In fact, chicken, broccoli and potatoes are some of my favourite ingredients to cook with because they're sooooo versatile and healthy.
Here's some other recipes featuring these same ingredients:
- Cast Iron Skillet Whole Roasted Chicken
- Chicken, Rice and Broccoli Meal Prep
- Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Cheese
- Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes (one pan!)
📝 Ingredients for this Chicken, Broccoli and Potatoes recipe
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Baby potatoes
- Maple syrup
- Whole grain Dijon mustard
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
And that's all you'll need!
Here's the high level steps, with more details below:
- First, pre-heat the oven, whisk up the sauce ingredients and prep the broccoli
- Then, get the potatoes into the oven on ⅓ of the sheet pan to start cooking
- Add chicken and broccoli to the pan. Coat everything with the sauce and stir to combine.
- Finishing baking in the oven until the chicken is done and potatoes are soft
For this recipe, I use my "baker's half sheet". This pan is about 26 x 18 inches, like it's BIG.
If you don't have a baking sheet this size, you can use 2 standard-sized cookie or baking sheets and just spread the ingredients over the 2 baking sheets.
- Chicken - if you don't have boneless, skinless chicken breasts boneless thighs will also work just fine too
- Broccoli - if you don't have broccoli, you could easily swap in another vegetable that's delicious roasted like green beans, cauliflower, or brussel sprouts
- Baby potatoes - regular potatoes will work in place of the baby or mini potatoes. Just be sure to cut them up into small enough pieces so they finish cooking in about the same time. You could also sub in sweet potatoes too
🥡Storage and leftovers
You can store leftovers of this chicken and potatoes sheet pan meal in the fridge for up to 3 days. To store it, let it cool down first, then divide it into containers and store in fridge.
This recipe makes fantastic leftovers and it's great for meal prep too.
The only problem you'll find with making this for a meal prep is that you'll wanna EAT IT right after making it!
I don't blame ya - I'm the same🙋♀️
🥘What to serve with this sheet pan chicken
Since this recipe has chicken, broccoli and potatoes, you've got a complete meal all in one!
But if you want something on the side, why not boost the nutritional-punch of the meal but making a salad while everything bakes in the oven.
Try this Simple Romaine Salad with Radish and Parmesan or this Kale Quinoa Salad with Apple and Spiced Nuts.
Since you have a hot oven, you could also make a healthy dessert to have after you've eaten. Try a spin on a classic one like this Gluten-Free Apple Crisp (healthy recipe) or this Cherry and Peach Crisp with Oat Crumble (Gluten-Free, Healthy)😋
🏅2 Top Tips
#1: When you're pouring the maple sauce over everything, it might seem like it's not enough but trust me: you've got enough to cover everything. Your chicken and veggies won't be drenched and the broccoli will still stay slightly firm and not go soggy.
#2: If you won't be using the mini potatoes, be sure to dice the larger potatoes into smaller pieces. This way, everything will still get cooked around the same time.
This is one meal that really makes gluten-free eating super easy. It's healthy and deeeelicious too😋
Hope enjoy this Sheet Pan Chicken, Broccoli, and Potatoes recipe!
If you love the sound of this recipe, check out these other easy and gluten-free recipes:
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
- Lemony Brown Rice, Broccoli and Feta Salad
- Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken with Chickpeas
- Fresh Herb Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
This recipe was originally published on April 26th, 2021. Added more copy and tips and re-posted on November 9th, 2022.
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
Sheet Pan Chicken, Broccoli, and Potatoes
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 kg; about 4 breasts
- 1.5 lb baby potatoes about 5 cups
- 2 medium heads of broccoli
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425. degrees F. Cover a large pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together and chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the potatoes on ⅓ of the pan and drizzle with olive oil and some Kosher salt. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- When the baby potatoes have been in the oven for ~15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven. Stir potatoes. And the chicken chicken and cut broccoli onto the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the maple sauce over everything. Gently toss the chicken, broccoli and potatoes to coat in the pan. Add some fresh ground pepper over everything here too.
- Bake in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes or until meat thermometer in the chicken reads 165F and the potatoes are cooked through. Serve.
Leave a Reply