Lunches be damned.
Lunches at home, that is.
Every. Dang. Day.
By the way, why is making lunches at home harder than making packed lunches?!
Or maybe it just seems that way.
Whatever the deal is, having healthy, yummy and quick lunches is super key these days to keep on the healthy eating track as much as humanely possible.
Enter: this Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta!
This one my favourite dishes to have in the fridge for lunches while I’m hosting Zoom meetings and (trying) to get kids to finish assignments from their teachers.
The recipe for Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta is from my mom. She made a quinoa salad for years, which, you might be surprised to hear, I didn’t love.
Ok. I actually thought it was super gross🤷♀️
But, you know how it is, I’ve definitely come to appreciate this salad, especially for these reasons:
- it’s suuuuper easy to make
- it keeps for days in the fridge
- it’s packed with healthy cards, protein and veggies
- And it travels well. Ok this point less important these days as we aren’t going very far but still, good to know when things start going back to normal
So believe you me: this is one salad you will not regret making on a weekend.
It’s perfect for #covidcooking time too because the ingredients will likely be in your pantry – go-to staples like quinoa, black beans and veggies (cucumber, tomatoes and pepper is my favourite.)
This Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta was made this past weekend and it lasted for days in the fridge, giving my hubby and I lots of leftovers of healthy foods.
The quinoa+black bean combo is soooo filling so that’s always a bonus if you’re like me lately: working from home and the food hardly takes a break in calling my name (who knew a frozen tin of Quality Street would be so tempting?!)
The salad lasts about 3 days in the fridge and heads-up: this recipe make a lot. So get those food containers out and start packing it up for a healthy salad in a pinch.
Alright I hope you try the salad and love it!
If you do make it and love it, please rate and comment and let me know 🙋♀️I’d love to hear from you😄
Onwards my friends!
PS. Looking for another easy and healthy, delicious salad for supper? I’ve got just the recipe for you: check out my recipe for Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice!
Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta
- 4 cups cooked quinoa 1 cup before cooking
- 1 red pepper diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 2 medium cucumbers diced
- 1 240ml can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced separate the green bottoms from the white tops
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa cooks, put the chopped vegetables and drained black beans in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and the about 1/2 of the white tops of the scallions.
- Once the quinoa is cooked and slightly cooled, add to the large bowl of vegetables and black beans. stir to combine.
- Pour dressing over the combined ingredients and toss gently to combine. Add feta and combine.
- This is ready to eat right away. If you're packing it up, place in containers. Keeps in fridge for 3 days.