This Quinoa Salad with Blueberries and Mango is here for your next BBQ, potluck or backyard get-together!
And really: quinoa with fruit? Is that even a thing?
Is what I wondered to myself while I threw a bunch of yummy ingredients together and before I knew it…BAM🎆
This Summer Quinoa Salad with Blueberries and Mango was born into this crazy world.
And lemme tell you my friend: you’ll be glad it’s here. As it turns out, quinoa salad with fruit is a thing and it’s freakin’ delicious.
If you’re up for a healthy, delicious, non-wilty salad for summer, I’m gonna bet my bottom dollar you’re gonna love this quinoa salad.
I made a batch of this for our recent RV Road Trip Extravaganza around Ontario and it was perfect to have on board.
The quinoa gives so much protein and healthy carbs; and the fruit and veg give you a whack of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre.
Plus, you’ve got your avocado for healthy, unsaturated fats. This Summer Quinoa Salad with Blueberries just may be the BEST SALAD EVER.
You basically feel healthier just by eating it✊💯
The quinoa gives so much protein, healthy carbs and the fruit and veggies give you lots of vitamins, minerals and fibre.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this quinoa salad with fruit:
- Quinoa – up the *wow* factor with the tri-coloured variety
- Mango chunks – I love using the frozen ones. Makes it super easy
- Cherry tomatoes
- Avocado chunks – for this I prefer fresh, but you could totally go for the frozen version too if you wanted
Does quinoa have gluten?
No, quinoa is a whole grain that does not contain gluten.
Ok, technically, quinoa is a seed but yeah, in terms of the gluten question, that’s a no: it’s a gluten-free zone!
And not only that, quinoa is a healthy, power-packed grain that also happens to be 100% gluten-free.
Don’t forget the GIANT SPOON you’ll need for devouring such a healthy and super simple salad.
This Summer Quinoa Salad with Blueberries and Mango is perfect for lunches or a nutritionally-packed side salad for supper.
Actually, if you’re short on time tonight, just throw a couple chicken breast in the InstaPot to go along with this salad and you my friend have won supper🏅
Virtual *high five*🖐️
If you try this salad, please rate the recipe and let me know what you think. I love hearing from you.
PS. If Quinoa Salad with Blueberries and Mango is up your alley, then I think you’ll love these other simple and healthy recipes, perfect for summer:
Simple Mango Salsa[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Summer Quinoa Salad with Blueberries and Mango
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa (before cooking)
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
- Cook the 1 1/4 cups of quinoa in 2 cups of water or broth according to package directions.
- While quinoa cooks and cools, in a large bowl combine diced avocados, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, mango and cilantro. Squeeze the juice of 2 limes over top.
- If you have any mango juice, add that to the bowl as well and stir to combine.