This Summer Corn and Black Bean Salsa will be your next favourite side-dish to make for pool-side gatherings, casual BBQs, and summer paaaahties 😎
And the best part about this corn salsa? It’s just dead simple to make, healthy, and it’s so yummy, that hubby and I have ate it for lunch more than a few times and absolutely love it♥️
Another reason why this salsa is so good? It travels well🚚
With our RV trip around Ontario fast approaching, I’ll be making a big batch of this and a few other things to at least keep us going for a few hours on the road, without having to stop for food. Kinda the point of an RV, I think?
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Summer Corn and Black Bean Salsa:
- 2 cups corn niblets – these can be fresh or frozen thawed. I’ll often just put 2 cups of frozen corn niblets into my 2 cup measuring cup and let it thaw in the fridge till I need it later in the day
- 1 cup black beans – the source of the healthy carb and protein in this salsa, beans are a must and black beans are perfect for this recipe
- 1 lime, juiced – I’ll often use one more lime and squirt the juice over the bowl of the salsa, right before serving
- ¼ large red onion (about ⅓ cup), diced
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped – this is so GOOD. Just don’t try and take your contacts out after chopping one of these bad boys
- Cilantro – ¼ cup – or as much as you want!
- Parsley – ¼ cup – same point as above
- Salt – ¼ tsp
What to serve with this salsa?
- Chips (ok duh but had to be said)
- Mini naan
- Pita triangles
- Straight up baby (aka get. a. spoon.)
And cool down with these cold and healthy “treats”:
Summer Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 2 cup corn niblets
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/4 large red onion, diced about 1/3 cup
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the corn, black beans, red onion, jalapeno pepper, cilantro and parsley in a serving bowl.
- Add juice of 1 lime and the salt over top and stir to combine.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Before serving, squeeze the juice of 1 lime over top.