Enter these Simple Haddock Quesadillas🐠
Your next favourite weeknight meal.
My friend, quesadillas are a great option when you need a healthy meal quickly, plus you’ve got the customizable factor in your favour.
You can pack these babies with whatever your heart desires❣️
And then when it’s all done, with the cheese melted and the goodness of the flavours all melding together? mmmmmm
It’s like biting into a present. A delicious, healthy present😋
Plus, these fish quesadillas are great for a weeknight meal when you don’t have a lot of time to make supper.
Not that I can think of a weeknight when I had a LOT of time to make supper…buuut you get my point: it’s a pretty quick recipe😉
Here’s what you’ll need to make these simple haddock quesadillas:
- The fish – I like haddock and you could also use cod
- Tortillas – 8 inch size, corn (gluten-free) or you can use wheat
- Red or yellow peppers
- Cheddar cheese
- Green onion
And for toppings, you gotta have the avocado, cilantro, lime wedges, fresh salsa and sour cream👌
As I still try and figure out our whole, new world these days (that continues to change by the minute), let’s keep mealtimes as simple as possible.
And do what we can🙋♀️
One thing’s for sure: you can keep it up with gluten-free and carb-friendly recipes so that you can feel your very best.
I hope you make these Simple Haddock Quesadillas and decide to add them to your weeknight rotation.
If you do make these fish quesadillas, please rate and comment below.
It’s so great hearing from you😄
PS. Are you lookin’ for other healthy and gluten-free meals for a busy weeknight?
Check these out:
Simple Haddock Quesadillas
- 4 Haddock fish fillets Cod works too. When using frozen fillets, thaw and pat them down with paper towel to remove excess water
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 8 Corn or whole wheat tortillas 8 inch
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 Medium yellow pepper chopped in thin strips
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Avocado smashed
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro roughly chopped
- Salsa and/or sour cream for serving
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. In a shallow Tupperware container or large plate, combine the beaten egg with ~2 Tbsp of water to make a simple egg wash.
- On another large plate, combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- One filet at a time, dip fish fillets in egg wash and then in bread crumb mixture to coat all over.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil in a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Add fish to hot pan and let brown on each side (about 6-8 minutes each side). Fish should be opaque white in the centre. If using thicker pieces of fish, cover pan with a lid and let cook longer to cook through. Remove fish from pan.
- Place one tortilla in the heated non-stick pan and turn down heat a bit to low-medium.
- Spread layer of fish, shredded cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and peppers on one-half of the tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla over and cook for a few minutes on low-medium heat.
- Heat for a few more minutes. Check if cheese has melted by carefully lifting one side of the tortilla. Once cheese is melted and tortillas are toasted, slide onto a platter and cut into triangles.
- Serve with lime wedges, smashed avocado, cilantro and salsa or chipotle sauce.