Smoked, poached, roasted, pan fried or baked, salmon is such a versatile and delicious piece of fish. Here's 11 yummy side dishes and salads that go great with salmon.
- 1. Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 2. Mashed Potatoes
- 3. Steamed Green Beans
- 4. Easy Roasted Garlic Carrots with Parmesan Cheese
- 5. Fluffy Basmati Lime Rice with Spinach
- 6. Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
- 7. Mango Salsa
- 8. Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 10. Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad
- 11. Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli
1. Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Bring on the potatoes!
Roasted sweet potatoes are a great option for serving with salmon.
Packed with vitamin A, vitamin C and fibre - they're super healthy and naturally gluten-free.
Check out this recipe for Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes!
2. Mashed Potatoes
And speaking of potatoes..bring on the MASHED POTATOES.
Naturally gluten-free, potatoes come to the table with so much to offer: filling, fibre, vitamin C and so versatile!
Try boiling and then mashing potatoes up with a little butter, garlic and Kosher salt.
Add some milk and get that hand blender out - this is how my Mum used to make them: whip 'em good!
3. Steamed Green Beans
Is there anything more delicious than some fresh green beans steamed to perfection to have with salmon?
Keep it fresh and simple by lightly steaming the green beans and then tossing in grated Parmesan cheese, a little Kosher salt and fresh lemon juice right before serving.
Other roasted vegetables to have with salmon:
- Brussel sprouts
- Bell peppers
- Sweet onions
4. Easy Roasted Garlic Carrots with Parmesan Cheese
Carrots and salmon is match made in nutritional heaven.
Packed with vitamin A, C and antioxidants, carrots are a wonderful compliment to the amazing omega-3 full salmon!
These Easy Roasted Garlic Carrots with Parmesan Cheese have a simple mix of dried herbs and salty parmesan cheese, these oven roasted carrots are the perfect addition to put down on a table full of warm dishes for a gathering of people you love.
5. Fluffy Basmati Lime Rice with Spinach
Take basmati rice up a notch!
Make Spinach and Lime Basmati Rice!
Here's how to make it:
- Make 1 cup of rice (about 3 cups after cooking) according to package instructions except use vegetable broth instead of water.
- Once rice is done cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot oven medium heat.
- Add 4-5 cups of fresh baby spinach, sprinkle with Kosher salt and stir constantly while the spinach cooks down.
- Add rice on top and stir to combine; remove from heat.
- Grate the rind of 1 lime over top and squeeze the juice of the lime into the rice and spinach.
- Serve the warm basmati with a cajun salmon fillet on top.
An easy rice pilaf with vegetables is also a great choice for salmon.
Check this one from Megan at Pip and Ebby: Wild Rice with Celery and Onions.
6. Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
Potatoes are great with salmon and basically any green veggie too.
So why not do Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes - in 1 pan!
This recipe for roasted broccoli and potatoes uses only 1 pan and 5 simple ingredients to make a delicious and nutritious side dish.
It's perfect for a weeknight dinner or as part of your weekly meal prep!
7. Mango Salsa
Nothing says "YUM" like salmon and mango.
Ready to test this theory out?
Then you've got to give this Yummy Mango Salsa a try.
This delicious Mango Salsa is easy to make and packed with flavour from the sweet mango, flavourful red onion, fresh bell pepper, lime juice and salt.
8. Corn and Black Bean Salsa
This Corn and Black Bean Salsa (no tomatoes) welcomes summer like no other!
Delicious and chips and fish alike, this Corn and Black Bean Salsa changes things up when spooned over salmon.
Sweet corn, filling black beans, and zippy red onion come together with a simple lime juice dressing for a yummy corn salsa that's so easy to make.
Try it paired with my Easy Baked Salmon with Mayo recipe.
10. Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad
I love salmon and a green salad🥗
They pair so well together - it's a healthy match made in heaven.
Especially when the weather gets warmer out - you might not want to be sweating over a stove and/or oven steaming veggies and baking salmon.
Coming to your rescue is this Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad.
This salad is perfect when you need a simple salad in a pinch.
It's a delicious bowl of greens with bright pomegranate seeds and crunchy pistachios.
11. Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli
This recipe for Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli will break you free from the broccoli blues!
Also known as broccolini, this healthy vegetable gets crispy, crunchy florets when roasted in the oven with only olive oil, garlic powder and Kosher salt.
This is the perfect, simple and oh-so healthy side for your next supper with salmon. Check out the recipe for roasted Tenderstem broccoli here.
I hope you try some of these healthy side dishes with salmon and love them!
Leave a Reply