These Oven Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes cook in under 30 minutes, thanks to being cubed! With only 4 ingredients, you'll get soft-on-the-inside cubes of cinnamon coated sweet potatoes. A healthy and naturally gluten-free side dish, perfect for a holiday meal, get together, or even part of a weeknight supper the whole family can get behind. Cubed cinnamon oven roasted sweet potatoes prove once and for all that it's hip to be square😎
Calling all sweet potato lovers!
This recipe for oven roasted cinnamon cubed sweet potatoes brings all the gluten-free nutrition and it's super easy to make.
If you're just getting started with going gluten-free, I highly recommend you get to know the healthy and super versatile ingredient: the humble sweet potato!🍠
To really get to know it, here are some of the best recipes on my site that feature sweet potatoes: this delicious Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Pomegranate Seeds; an uber popular soup recipe: Easy Weeknight Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes; and a healthy lunch idea: 🥑Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado.
Only 4 ingredients are needed for this recipe for cubed sweet potatoes:
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
Who knew a little cinnamon would add such a fun twist on a sweet potato?
The instructions for roast these sweet potatoes don't get much easier:
- You dice up the sweet potatoes into small little "cubes"
- Toss the cubes in the olive oil and cinnamon
- Then sprinkle with salt and you bake 'em!
Leftover roasted sweet potatoes will be good in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Just keep them in an air-tight container with a lid.
To re-heat, it's easiest to just use the microwave and re-heat to the temperature you want.
To make these cubed, roasted sweet potatoes, you'll need a large bowl, a cookie sheet (or baking tray) and measuring spoons.
😄What to serve with cubed sweet potatoes
Oven roasted sweet potatoes are one of the easiest ways to get into gluten-free side dishes.
Roasted sweet potatoes are a perfect addition to almost any protein and vegetable combo.
Here's a few ideas:
- Serve these roasted sweet potatoes alongside chicken like this recipe for Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast
- Sweet potatoes and salmon is a nutritional-powerhouse of a combination. For salmon, try sweet potatoes with this recipe for Easy Baked Salmon with Mayo
- Steak anyone?🥩BBQ or grill some steaks, steam some broccoli and these sweet potatoes round out a healthy and gluten-free weeknight meal
- This sweet potato side dish would also be great nestled between plates of turkey, roasted vegetables, salads and other deliciousness laid out in a big buffet-style dinner
- Not to mention, this Cast Iron Skillet Whole Roasted Chicken recipe too😋
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
❓Can you eat sweet potato skin?
Yes and YES. Not only can you eat sweet potato skin, if you're going for maximum nutrition, I say you definitely should eat sweet potato skin.
So no need to peel the sweet potatoes before you roast them. The skin gives some texture, it'll save you time making this recipe, and it's good for you😄
I hope you love this easy, gluten-free side dish.
And if you love all things roasted potatoes, then you gotta check out this recipe for Oven Roasted Yellow Potatoes with Lemon Greek Yogurt Sauce too.
If you try this recipe, please rate and comment below. I love hearing from you🙋♀️
This recipe was originally posted on April 27th, 2020. Recipe and post copy updated and re-posted on September 7th, 2022.
Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, diced small About 6 cups
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss diced sweet potatoes with oil and cinnamon until evenly coated. Spread sweet potatoes out onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle Kosher salt overtop.
- Bake the oven for approximately 25 minutes, until brown on the edges and softened. Stir halfway.
- Serve warm when done or let cool and save in an air-tight container.