These Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado will not let this happen to you:
Have you ever ate a meal and then like 30 minutes later you’re back at the fridge again, wondering what you can snack on?
I think you know what I mean. We’ve all been there🙋♀️
A less-than-filling meal is so unsatisfying. Not to mention inefficient! If I’m gonna eat, at least keep me fueled-up so I can do what I gotta do and not have to go to battle with the hAnGriNEss monster☠️
If you’ve ever felt that way then I think you’re gonna love this recipe for Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado.
The title says it all:
Easy. Black Beans. Sweet Potatoes. Avocado.
All things that make up life. This flavour combination is so good, you could puree it all together and spread it on toast. Ok, that’s a bit out of hand but you get my drift. It’s good🤤
If you've ever felt that your meal just isn't keeping you satisfied, then I think you're gonna love this recipe for Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado.
So the combo tastes great (win🏆); it’s easy to make (💯) and it’s super healthy.
What makes it so healthy? Well for one, we’ve got a hit of healthy carbs that comes from the black beans and sweet potatoes. Plus, the slow digesting starch will keep your blood sugars stable and prevent hangriness later.
The protein is another win for this recipe too: the black beans give an awesome protein punch and if that’s not enough, the avocado gives you some healthy fats. WOW.
Getting these Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado on the table is super easy, too. The only thing that takes some time is the roasting of the sweet potatoes.
Now you can microwave the sweet potatoes but roasting them in the oven (as I describe in the recipe) is waaaaay better. Roasting them really brings out the sweetness in these babies. The microwave works but be forewarned my friend: you don’t get the sweet taste that roasting brings.
So if you want this meal to come together quickly, be sure to roast a few sweet potatoes on the weekend or whenever you have time and keep them in fridge. You can easily re-heat the sweet potato in the microwave when it comes time to eat and warm up the black beans with salsa when you need.
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
Alright friends; go and conquer. Conquer your hangriness with this filling and healthy recipe 😄
I hope you try these Easy Black Bean Stuff Sweet Potatoes with Avocado and love them like we do.
If you do try the recipe, please rate and leave a comment below. I love hearing from you🙋♀️
Want a few more healthy and easy recipes? Check these out:
Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado
- 4 small-medium sweet potatoes
- 1 19oz can black beans, drained and rinsed 1 can (540ml)
- 1.5 cups salsa
- taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- lime wedges
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes. Poke with a fork (about 6 times) and wrap in tinfoil. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 50-60 minutes or until soft and cooked through.
- Ten minutes before the potatoes are done, place the rinsed black beans in a medium pot. Add salsa and taco spice. Stir to combine.
- After heating for a couple minutes, mash the black bean mixture with a potato masher or a fork, breaking some of the beans up. Heat on medium for about 6-7 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done in the oven, unwrap from the tinfoil and cut down the centre. Top each half with the heated black bean mixture. Top with avocado chunks, cilantro and a squirt of fresh lime juice. Serve warm.
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1.5 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper