This Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need a meal that comes together in 30 minutes and tastes delicious!
Here's what you need to make this Healthy Taco Salad:
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- Salt, turmeric, chili powder
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- Gluten-free taco chips (Doritos) and shredded cheese for serving
That's right: there's chips!
Chips for supper!
I know. My 15 year old self is still very happy about this fact.
It's mind blowing????
This Healthy Taco Salad (gluten-free) is a perfect weeknight go-to meal
It's such a simple supper too: some romaine, topped with beef and bean mixture. But it's super filling and an all-in-one meal.
You get your hit of veggies from the lettuce; protein and healthy carbs from the beans; and some extra protein and iron from the ground beef.
Plus, this Healthy Taco Salad makes great lunches too - I'll just keep the lettuce separate from the beef mixture until it's time to warm it up and eat????
Nothing too fancy here at all. Hope this Healthy Taco Salad makes it into your weekly meal rotation - #TuesTacoNight anyone?
If you try it and love it, please rate and comment below. I do love hearing from you????♀️
If you like this easy and healthy recipe for family meals, then check these out too:
- Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans
- Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken with Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Easy Weeknight Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes
- Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast
- Ground Beef with Beans and Quinoa Meal Prep
Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz
- 1 large head romaine, chopped
- taco chips for serving
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef and onion in the same pan over medium heat. Cook until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink, breaking up with a spatula as you go.
- If your meat is quite fatty, you can drain some fat at this point.
- Add beans, ketchup and spices. Combine in the pan and cook on medium for about 10 min. Turning mixture in pan every couple minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat. Serve on a plate of romaine lettuce with some shredded cheese and nacho chips