This Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans is perfect for a busy weeknight when you need a meal that comes together in 30 minutes and tastes delicious!
Plus, there’s chips!
Chips. For. Supper.
I know. My 15 year old self is still very happy about this fact.
It’s mind blowing🤯
This Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans is a perfect weeknight go-to meal
It’s such a simple supper too: some romaine, topped with beef and bean mixture. But it’s super filling and an all-in-one meal. You get your hit of veggies from the lettuce; protein and healthy carbs from the beans; and some extra protein and iron from the ground beef.
Plus, this Healthy Taco Salad makes great lunches too – I’ll just keep the lettuce separate from the beef mixture until it’s time to warm it up and eat😋
Here’s what you need to make this Healthy Taco Salad:
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- Salt, turmeric, chili powder
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce
- Taco chips (Doritos) and shredded cheese for serving
Nothing too fancy here at all. Hope this Healthy Taco Salad makes it into your weekly meal rotation – #TuesTacoNight anyone?
If you try it and love it, please rate and comment below. I do love hearing from you🙋♀️
If you like this easy and healthy recipe for family meals, then check these out too:
Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans 15 oz
- 1 large head romaine, chopped
- taco chips for serving
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef and onion in the same pan over medium heat. Cook until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink, breaking up with a spatula as you go.
- If your meat is quite fatty, you can drain some fat at this point.
- Add beans, ketchup and spices. Combine in the pan and cook on medium for about 10 min. Turning mixture in pan every couple minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat. Serve on a plate of romaine lettuce with some shredded cheese and nacho chips