This Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans is a bowl full of cozy. Simple and healthy ingredients like chicken breast, canned plum tomatoes and cannellini beans come together for a gluten-free weeknight meal that's whole family can dig into!
Here's what you'll need to make this Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans:
- Olive oil
- 2 medium-large chicken breasts
- Sweet onion
- 2 red peppers
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 can white kidney beans - also know as cannellini beans!
- Low sodium chicken broth
- 2 - 28oz cans of whole plum tomatoes
- Chili powder
- Dried basil
What to serve with this easy chicken and tomato soup recipe:
This is one of those meals you can really eat on it's own and feel okay about it - it has everything you need!
But if you are inclined to whip up a little something else, here are some ideas:
- a crisp, green salad goes well like Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad or this Spinach and Citrus Salad with Sweet and Spicy Almonds
- a gluten-free bun or garlic toast is nice too - maybe a cornbread! Check out this recipe for a Gluten Free Sweet Cornbread from Mama Knows Gluten-Free
A soup like this Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans is perfect for warming you up.
Who gets revved-up about a salad with a salmon fillet until it hits at least 20 degrees Celsius a couple days in a row!?
Answer: no one.
Plus, you can make it on a weeknight! No fussy prep or cooking here.
Just a one-pot meal that really satisfies.
The ingredients are all pretty usual and you don't need any fancy equipment.
And in case you're wondering, the white beans are also know as cannellini beans! Or white kidney beans.
Give a rating and leave a comment below. I do love to hear from you!
Stay cozy my friends,
Check out these other healthy and gluten-free recipes:
- Easy Weeknight Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes
- Starbucks Chicken and Vegetables Protein Box Copycat
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Ground Beef with Beans and Quinoa Meal Prep
- Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta (gluten-free)
Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-in. pieces about 2 medium-large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 large red peppers diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves, fresh garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 - 28 oz cans Italian plum tomatoes squished up with their juice
- 2 cups low salt chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 19oz can white kidney beans or cannellini beans
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high.
- Season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt.
- Working in batches, brown chicken, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 min or until golden.
- Remove chicken to a plate and reserve. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, red pepper and celery and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until softened and browned at the edges.
- Then add garlic, chili powder and cumin, and sauté for 1 min longer.
- Then add basil, tomatoes, chicken stock, vinegar, reserved chicken and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 min.
- After 10 minutes, add the white beans and simmer covered on low for ~10 min longer. Serve hot with fresh parmesan cheese and ground pepper on top.