This Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans is a life-saver kinda recipe, friends.
You know when you need an all-in-one meal on a weeknight that’s healthy and the kids will actually eat it? I’ve got you🙋♀️
And because this easy chicken soup hits all the points, it’s on regular rotation in our house this spring.
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
This spring has been suuuper chilly.
We’ve literally been riding our bikes in our winter boots – no joke.
And as we all know, scientists have found through conducting double-blind, multi-centre, placebo controlled studies that when chilly weather hits, humans crave warming meals.
Just kidding! It’s just a fact we all know.
Who gets revved-up about a salad with a salmon fillet until it hits at least 20 degrees Celsius a couple days in a row!?
Answer: no one.
So a soup like this Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans is perfect for warming you up.
Plus, you can make it on a weeknight! No fussy prep or cooking here. Just a one-pot meal that really satisfies.
This Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans is adapted from a Today’s Parent chili recipe.
The ingredients are all pretty usual and you don’t need any fancy equipment. And in case you’re wondering, the white beans are also know as cannellini beans! Or white kidney beans.
Until summer actually hits, why not try this Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans and let me know what you think! Give a rating and leave a comment below. I love to hear from you guys🙋♀️
I hope you love it – and stay warm my friends.
PS. In the mood for another healthy weeknight 1-pot meal?
Check out my recipe for Easy Weeknight Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes. It’s. So. Good.
And this one for Easy Weeknight Ground Turkey Soup!
In a salad mood? You gotta try this Lemony Brown Rice, Broccoli and Feta Salad🥗
Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-in. pieces about 2 medium-large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 large red peppers diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves, fresh garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 - 28 oz cans Italian plum tomatoes squished up with their juice
- 1½ cups sodium-free vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 19oz can white kidney beans or cannellini beans
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large heavy pot over medium-high.
- Season chicken with ½ tsp salt.
- Working in batches, brown chicken, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 min or until golden.
- Remove chicken to a plate and reserve. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil, onion, red pepper and celery and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until softened and browned at the edges.
- Then add garlic, chili powder and cumin, and sauté for 1 min longer.
- Then add basil, tomatoes, chicken stock, vinegar, reserved chicken and remaining ½ tsp salt and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 min.
- Add white beans and simmer uncovered over medium for ~10 min longer. Serve hot with fresh parmesan cheese and ground pepper on top.