This Starbucks Protein Box Copycat recipe has chunks of filling chicken breast, fresh cucumbers, crunchy carrots and a tangy dill dip to boot. A healthy and gluten-free protein box lunch you can make ahead and take with you on-the-go!
This meal prep protein box copycat recipe is a delicious way to have a healthy and gluten-free lunch at home.
And if you do need to zip into the office, it travels without spills (hooray!)
Easy, delicious and gluten-free recipes for lunch🥡
I discovered this lunch-on-the-go about a year ago, during a Starbucks drive-thru trip.
Which is always a nice surprise because staying on track with gluten-friendly eating isn't always easy when you're out and about, am I right?
The options are few and far between and the options that are available are not really that appetizing.
(I'm looking at you garden salad!)
I was pleasantly surprised to find this container filled with:
- Yummy chunks of moist and flavourful chicken
- Cut carrots and cucumbers
- A delicious, tangy greek-inspired dip
Unfortunately, you can't get this Fire-Grilled Chicken protein box at Starbucks anymore.
At least I haven't seen it since that first cool, fall day I discovered it.
But not to worry. We'll re-create it together😄
📝Ingredients for this Chicken and Veggie Protein Box recipe
- Chicken breast
- Chicken seasoning - any seasoning will do. I like the Clubhouse versions - they have different ones like spicy, Greek, etc.
- Olive oil
Ingredients for the Easy Greek Dip with Feta:
- Greek yogurt
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
The dip is my own recipe of Easy Greek Dip with Feta.
⚠️WARNING: IT IS VERY GOOD⚠️
You may be licking the bowl afterwards.
And that's a-ok in my books.
This recipe is super straightforward to make.
- First, you'll cook the chicken with the seasoning on
- While the chicken cooks, you can wash and cut the veggies and mix up the dip
- Then you let the chicken cool and portion everything into containers.
Bada boom bada bing, you're done😎
Any veggies you have on hand will work in this protein box.
Here's some that would be great:
- Broccoli chunks
- Cauliflower chunks
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sliced red pepper
- Snow peas
This protein box will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
The veggies won't freeze well so I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
The dip is good for 5 - 7 days in the fridge.
I hope you love this Starbucks Fire Grilled Chicken Protein Box Copycat recipe!
If you like the sound of this recipe, also check these out
- Lemony Brown Rice, Broccoli and Feta Salad
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
- Fresh Herb Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
- Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice
- Powerhouse Veggie Bowls with Whipped Avocado Cilantro Dressing
Starbucks Chicken and Vegetables Protein Box Copycat
- 2 medium Chicken breast
- Chicken seasoning I like Clubhouse, No Salt Chicken from La Grille line
- Olive oil
- 1 Cucumbers sliced
- 1 cup Carrots
Easy Greek Dip with Feta
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup sour cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with the seasoning. Cook over medium heat in a pan with a little olive until done, about 7-9 minutes. Remove chicken from heat.
- While the chicken cooks, make the dip. Combine all the dip ingredients in a bowl.
- In 2 segmented containers, divide the chicken, cucumbers, carrots and dip evenly.
- Store in the fridge and eat within 3 days.