This Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice recipe couldn’t have come at a better time🙋♀️
Let me back up: we got a meal delivery service. It’s pretty cool! We get all the ingredients for 3 meals per week delivered to our door. The food is really, really yummy. It’s pretty close to restaurant quality from my kitchen – amazing, right?
If you want to check out who we have, it’s Good Food. They’ll usually give like 3 or so free meals to new customers if you wanted to try them on for size.
Some of our favourite recipes have been:
- Chicken Tacos with Pickled Pineapple and Blue Corn Tortillas
- Fennel Crusted Salmon Bucatini with Baby Spinach and
- Peanut Butter Dumplings with Sesame Green Beans
And this weeks’ recipe: Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown rice was inspired by one alllll of the above delicious food coming into our house.
A few weeks ago, one of the recipes was was Spiced Chicken with Bell Pepper and Cucumber Couscous Salad. Yum! It was so good and fresh.
This Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice is easy enough to put together on a weeknight, especially if you use brown rice from a weekend food prep session.
It was filling, full of healthy carbs, fibre, protein and antioxidants. A super salad, indeed! 🚀
Plus, it’s got mint and some lemon zest on top give it a real summery feel – even though we’re not quite there yet, it will come!😎
This Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice is easy enough to put together on a weeknight, especially if you use brown rice from a weekend food prep session (I’ll often do brown rice and some veggies, boiled eggs and muffins.)
See below for a pic of a typical food prep – sometimes the easiest things, like chopping some veggies and making some muffins – make the week a whole heck of a lot easier (and healthier!)
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
The recipe serves 4 adults with 2 chicken breasts because the chicken breast we’re getting are HUGE. Feel free to double the recipe for lunches the next couple days.
The spice I use is this one from ClubHouse – “La Grille” Chicken Seasoning. I love this one because it tastes so good and it has no salt. Plus it’s convenient. Like I’m pretty sure a person could make it themselves by combining a bunch of dried spices but hey. That’s not really my jam.
This Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice is also perfect as an on-the-go meal because it’s got some oomph! No limp mixed greens here my friend 🙅♀️
Alright, that’s about it on the recipe. It’s pretty straightforward which is another big reason I think you’ll love it 😉
I hope you give it a try and love it as much as we did.
If you tried it out and liked it, please let me know in the comments. I love hearing from you 😄
PS. Lookin’ for a few other healthy and easy, gluten-free recipes?
Check these out:
Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium optional, for cooking rice
- 2 large chicken breasts
- Spice mix for chicken I like ClubHouse's "La Grille" Chicken seasoning or use your favourite dried vegetables seasoning
- Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 green onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium red pepper
- 3 mini cucumbers or 1.5 cups of cucumber, diced
- 3 Tbsp Fresh mint chopped
- Cook the rice according to package instructions with chicken broth if using. Set aside to cool.
- While the rice cooks, cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Cover with spice mix, turning in spice mix to coat chicken pieces. In a medium pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium heat and cook for about 8-10 minutes until done (internal temperature of 165 degrees F.)
- While the chicken cooks, thinly slice the green onions and separate the white parts from the green tops. Dice the cucumbers and red pepper. Roughly chop the mint leaves.
- For the dressing, combine 3 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 clove of minced garlic, the white bottoms of the green onions, fresh lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon, and some mint. Whisk until combined.
- To serve, spread the rice out over a large platter, top with the cucumbers, red peppers, the green tops of the green onions and drizzle the dressing over everything.
- Place the chicken on top of the veggies and rice.
- Finish with some lemon zest and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve.