Easy Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chili is an easy meal, packed with healthy carbs and filling protein from beans, beef and loads of veggies. Cozy in a bowl!
Chili season is a great time. Especially slow cooker chili because it doesn't get any easier than that.
Having a gluten-free crock pot chili like this one in your recipe rotation is super because you can make this meal for supper OR you can use it as a #mealprepwin!
Make this chili on the weekend and pack into containers for the week ahead.
You don't need a lot of ingredients for this gluten-free chili - it's no-fuss meals here!
Here's what you'll need to make this Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Chili:
- Ground Beef
- Sweet onion
- Red pepper
- Kidney beans
- San Marzano or plum tomatoes
- Corn - canned or frozen kernels
- Spices - chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, salt
- Cooked basmati rice for serving (optional - this is is how I love to eat it, on rice)
- For toppings - lime wedges, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
Can you freeze this slower cooker chili?
Yep! This chili recipe will freeze for up to 3 months in an air tight container. Defrost overnight and re-heat in the microwave. Or you can place the frozen chili right into the crock pot and re-heat it.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
Sure thing! Ground turkey will just fine; you can replace the ground beef with ground turkey 1 for 1.
I don't have the "San Marzano" or plum tomatoes. What can I use instead?
That's okay. You can use canned diced tomatoes instead. It will turn out very similar.
Hope you love this easy crock pot gluten-free chili recipe!
Check out these other gluten-free recipes for supper:
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- One Pan Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches
- Easy Sweet and Spicy Shrimp
- Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
Gluten Free Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 lb Lean or extra lean ground beef
- ½ large sweet onion diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 large can San Marzano or plum tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 can corn or 1 cup frozen corn kernels 12 fl oz/341 ml
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Limes, shredded cheese, sour cream for serving
- In a large skillet, brown beef until cooked
- Add celery and onion, cook for a few minutes until softened.
- Add beef, celery and onion to the slow cooker
- Add red pepper, kidney beans, red pepper and all spices.
- Cook on low for 4 hours (or high for 2 hours).
- About 15 minutes before it's done, add the corn and stir.
- Serve warm with sour cream, shredded cheese, lime wedges.