This Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes recipe is a healthy and gluten-free one pot meal you'll come back to again and again. It's super easy to make with wholesome ingredients like chicken breasts, mini potatoes and green beans slow cooked in a delicious and herb-forward sauce. Getting a healthy and balanced meal on the table has never been so easy!
Chicken recipes popular in your house? Crock pot chicken recipes are SO frequent around my place, that just yesterday, the 10 year old exclaimed:
"Chicken, AGAIN?! We always have chicken!"
Very dramatic, this one.
Ok, I admit, recipes with boneless skinless chicken are my go-to recipes these days.
And slow cooker chicken recipes?? Hello! What a dream.
Plus, what's not to like to about chicken breasts!?
They're naturally gluten-free, healthy and can be made into so many delicious recipes.
Here are some other fantastic chicken breast recipes on my site:
Definitely check them out and bookmark them for later.
In the meantime, this slow cooker chicken and potatoes recipes is one you'll want to make again and again.
Simple ingredients and all-in-one pot for a healthy, gluten-free meal that the whole family will love❣️
📝Ingredients for slow cooker chicken and potatoes
Here's what you'll need for this recipe:
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh green beans
- Halved baby potatoes (yellow, purple or red potatoes work)
- Lemon for lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Onion powder
- Minced garlic
See recipe card for quantities.
Here's how you'll make this recipe:
In a large skillet over medium heat, sear the boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 minutes per side.
Place seared chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with potatoes.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic together.
Pour over chicken and potatoes. Cover with lid and cook on high for 3 hours. Add the green beans and cook for another 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Hint: Leaving the green beans out till the last 30 minutes helps to prevent them from getting too soft.
- 🐔Chicken breasts - you can sub in boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. You'll get a deeper flavour from the dark meat
- 🥔Mini potatoes - if you don't have the mini potatoes the Yukon gold potatoes would work well
- 🍋Lemon - lime juice works instead of lemon
Change this recipe up a little with these tweaks:
- 🔥Spicy - add some harissa paste into the olive oil instead of the Italian seasoning, sprinkle some red chili flakes on top or add a finely diced jalapeno
- 🧀Say cheese - parmesan cheese and chicken with herbs go together like peas and carrots so if you have some, after plating this dish, added some fresh parmesan cheese over top
The main equipment you'll use for this chicken and rice soup recipe is your slow cooker or crock pot. You can also use the slow cooker setting on an Instant Pot too.
And if you use your Instant Pot, you can sear the chicken breasts using the saute function on the Instant Pot and then just get everything in the pot. A pan saved from cleaning😄
🥡Storage and Leftovers
This chicken and potatoes recipes makes fantastic leftovers.
Just keep in the fridge in a sealed container. It's great for meal prep too!
After cooking this chicken dinner, it doesn't freeze well so eat it up within 3 days.
Searing the chicken breasts first help to develop flavour and give a nice colour to the chicken BUT if you don't have time, you can skip this step.
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
Hope you love this delicious and super easy dinner recipe like we do❣️
If you try it, please consider leaving a star rating and a comment for others.
Thank you ox
Slow Cooker Chicken, Potatoes, and Green Beans
- 1 Slow cooker
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast 3-4 breasts
- ½ lb fresh green beans, trimmed about 4 cups
- 1 ½ lbs halved baby potatoes red or gold, about 4 cups
- ⅓ cup lemon juice, fresh
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Sear chicken breasts in a non-stick pan with a little olive oil on the stove for just 2 minutes per side.
- Place seared chicken breast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add potatoes on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic together.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and potatoes.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 3 hours. Add the green beans.
- Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, season to taste, and serve.