This Easy Grilled Halloumi Salad with Tomato and Parsley is a delicious way to get a fresh salad with the filling and salty cheese, halloumi - yum!
This halloumi salad is a non-traditional go-to for busy weeknights these days.
The salad comes together quickly and it's super fresh and delicious. You've got a gluten-free supper in no time, plus your veggies all taken care of. Score!
Here's what you'll need to make this grilled halloumi salad:
- Halloumi cheese
- 3 large tomatoes
- Flat leaf parsley
- Olive oil
- Fresh pepper and salt (as needed to taste)
Here's how you make this easy halloumi salad:
- Arrange your sliced tomatoes on a serving plate
- Grill your halloumi on both sides
- Place grilled halloumi on top of tomatoes
- Top with parsley, fresh ground pepper, sprinkle of kosher salt and a little drizzle of olive oil
Can I cook the halloumi on a non-stick fry pan?
Yes, you totally can. You don't have to use a grill pan or BBQ for this recipe. However, you won't get those grill marks that make everything looks so dang good????
One note on using a grill pan: if your has very deep grooves, you may find that you get a lot of smoke when you put the oil right on the pan, instead of what you're cooking, in this case the halloumi cheese.
I'm fresh outta parsley. Can I use mint, cilantro or other herb? What about dried parsley - can I use that?
I haven't tried it yet but I think mint could work nicely. Also, there's different kinds of halloumi like this one, with herbs already in it so I think it's pretty flexible in terms of the seasoning - use what YOU like.
One note of caution on the salt: because halloumi is already nicely salted, be careful with any additional salt that you add.
I do put it on the recipe to finish with a little fresh kosher salt and fresh ground pepper but if you're SUPER salt sensitive (like my hubby), you may not need it.
When in doubt, go easy on the added salt, try the dish and then add more only if you need it.
You don't need many ingredients - or a lot of time - to make this simple grilled halloumi salad recipe????
I hope you enjoy this recipe for grilled halloumi salad!
Try these other gluten-free and easy recipes:
Grilled Halloumi Salad with Tomato and Parsley
- 200 grams halloumi cheese I like this one - tre stelle
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 3 large tomatoes sliced
- Olive oil
- Fresh pepper kosher salt for finishing
- Slice halloumi, tomatoes and chop the parsley.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and add a little olive oil.
- Grill halloumi for about 2 min per side or until browned. Remove from heat.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on a plate and top with grilled halloumi and parsley.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoon of olive oil over top. Finish with fresh pepper and kosher salt. Serve.