This One Pan Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches basically ends up being summer on a plate😎
Juicy peaches, fresh zucchini and moist chicken breasts: it has it all.
And not only does it have those delicious ingredients, this meal comes together easy-breezy too because it’s an all-in-one-pan baby. What more could you ask for?!
Notice the cast iron pan in the pic?
When I first made this recipe, I used the cast iron because:
- Cooking with cast iron is a mystery to me and I wanna get a few go-to recipes I can make in this popular yet intimidating pan
- I love how you can really sear in all the juice of the meat (chicken in this case) with the pan and then finish ‘er off in the oven. So. Easy!
All my gushing about cast iron aside, you can totally make this delicious one-pan meal in a regular non-stick fry pan that is oven safe or a skillet with a lid, preferably.
The point is: chicken breasts are lovely and lean. So when you sear them first in a pan and then finish them in the oven, you help keep the moisture that is there and seal in the flavour😋
Here’s what you’ll need to make this One Pan Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches:
- Chicken breasts (4)
- Orange juice
- Peach jam
- Hot chili sauce
- Powdered garlic
- Peaches – 2 medium
- Zucchini – 1 medium
And here’s what you’ll do to make this all-in-one gluten-free supper with chicken, zucchini and peaches:
- Mix up the sauce – peach jam and hot chili sauce is so GOOD. Who knew?
- Cut up the peaches and the zucchini
- Cook the chicken, add sauce, add the fruit and veggies and cook through. That’s it!
(See the recipe below for full step-by-step instructions😄)
I love serving this dish with a classic: white basmati rice.
Make sure you get the extra juices from the pan onto your plate, k? Drizzle that delicious sauce like it’s going outta style and don’t leave any behind.
I hope you enjoy this One Pan Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches like we do!
You may also wanna check out these yummy and easy gluten-free recipes:
One Pan Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 medium skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbsp peach or apricot jam
- 1 tsp hot chili sauce
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ground pepper
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 medium zucchini
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in your cast iron pan or (other oven safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook each side for 4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix up the sauce of orange juice, jam, chili sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken has been cooked for 4 minutes on each side, pour the sauce oven the chicken, turning to coat the chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks in the sauce, cut zucchini into half-moons (slice lengthwise then cut) and slice the peaches. Add zucchini and peaches to the pan. Gently turn to get the zucchini and peaches covered in some sauce. Season with some salt to taste.
- Place the whole pan into the pre-heated oven for another 7-10 minutes or until the chicken reads 165F. Serve with basmati rice.