This Baked Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches recipe starts in the cast iron skillet and finishes in the oven. It brings the sweet AND some heat with a peach and chili sauce glaze that's simple to whip up. Juicy peaches, fresh zucchini and moist chicken breasts: this easy recipe has it all. A healthy gluten-free supper for the whole family!
Hello summer! It's a special time of year when bushels of peaches come a rollin' in and and everyone including your aunt's friend's neighbour is pushing zucchini on you!
So this recipe that has both peaches and zucchini is here to help😄
This recipe is packed with flavour and it's a healthy, gluten-free supper the whole family will love. Triple YAY.
Be sure to check out this Delicious Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread (Healthy Recipe) to use up even more summertime zucchini.
📝Here's what you'll need to make this chicken and zucchini recipe
- Chicken breasts (4)
- Orange juice
- Peach jam - apricot jam would also work too
- Sriracha hot chili sauce
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Peaches - nectarines would work too
- Cooked rice - for serving
Here's the high level steps to make this gluten free chicken and zucchini supper in the cast iron skillet:
- Melt butter in the cast iron pan.
2. Cook the chicken breasts in the cast iron pan (see below for tips and how long).
3. Mix up the peach jam and hot chili sauce and pour over the chicken.
4. Add cut zucchini and peaches to the cast iron pan. Stir so the zucchini and peaches get covered in sauce. Stir to coat and cook for 3 more minutes. Place the whole cast iron skillet into the pre-heated 375 degrees F oven for another ~10 minutes or until the chicken reads 165F internally. Serve with basmati rice.
See the recipe below for full step-by-step instructions.
You'll need a cast iron pan for this recipe. You could also use any other oven safe pan. Any pan you can use on the stovetop and then put it into the oven will work.
I love cooking with cast iron.
And if you love burgers, then check out this recipe for The BEST Cast Iron Skillet Burgers (EASY RECIPE).
🥘What to serve with this chicken and zucchini recipe
I love serving this dish with a classic: basmati rice. Jasmine rice would be great as well.
You could also serve it with brown rice or rice noodles. Gluten-free pasta would work too!
✅Top tips for making this recipe
When you cook the chicken in the cast iron skillet with the sauce, butter and juices from the peaches, don't leave that behind when serving!
Make sure you get the extra juices from the pan onto your plate, k?
Drizzle that delicious sauce like it's going outta style😋
As you cook the chicken, zucchini and peaches in the cast iron, spoon some of the peach chili sauce over the chicken. This helps with adding flavour and making sure the chicken doesn't dry out.
And when you first sear the chicken breasts in the cast iron pan, don't move them for at least the 3 minutes. You're creating some nice flavour by doing this; I know it's not easy but set your oven timer for 3 minutes and just let them cook.
Tip on heat: don't use a higher heat than medium or all the sauce will cook off before you can get the pan into the oven.
🥡Storage and Freezing
Leftovers will be good for up to 3 days. Keep any uneaten chicken and zucchini with peaches in an air tight container in the fridge.
You can re-heat leftovers gently in the microwave. Zucchini and peaches don't standup super well to re-heating so this dish is best eaten the day it's made😄
These ingredients don't stand up to freezing so I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches like we do! Please rate and comment below if you tried this recipe❣️
Love gluten-free chicken recipes? Check these out too - bookmark them for later!
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- Starbucks Chicken and Vegetables Protein Box Copycat
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches
- 1 Cast iron skilet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup orange juice, unsweetened
- ¼ cup peach or apricot jam, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half-moons
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt butter in your cast iron pan or (other oven safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Once pan is hot, add chicken breasts and cook each side for 3 minutes. Don't move while cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix up the sauce of orange juice, jam, chili sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Once the chicken has been cooked for 3 minutes on each side, pour the sauce oven the chicken.
- Add zucchini and peaches to the pan. Gently turn the zucchini and peaches in the pan to get them covered in some sauce. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken breasts too. Season with some salt and fresh pepper to taste. Allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, place the whole skillet into the pre-heated oven for another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165F. Serve hot with basmati rice.