These Easy Gluten Free Grilled Peaches with Walnuts (no dairy) are perfect for a hot summers’ eve☀️
When you’re looking to use up alllll those lovely local peaches that are plentiful this time of year, this recipe for grilled peaches is just what you need🍑
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Easy Gluten Free Grilled Peaches with Walnuts:
- Fresh peaches
- Brown sugar
- Kosher salt
This recipe is such an easy one – all you do is:
- Heat some butter in a small pan
- Add the brown sugar
- Then add the nuts and toast for a few minutes
- Sprinkle with some salt just before finishing
- Spoon this heavenly mixture into the middle of pitted peaches🤤
And this recipe for Easy Gluten Free Grilled Peaches with Walnuts is one of the best ways to use up some of the delicious peaches the season.
Can you use canned peaches?
I’m gonna say, that’s a hard no. Canned peaches are so watery (or syrupy) and are pretty difficult to grill. For this recipe, I recommend sticking with fresh peaches.
Can you use maple syrup instead of brown sugar for the walnut filling in the peaches?
Yep, you can. It won’t turn out exactly the same though.
Much like the above point, you’ll have more water from the syrup so will take longer and/or higher temps to come to a nice coating but you can get there. Experiment because any “failure” will be absolutely delicious.
Can you grill these peaches on a BBQ or a grill pan?
You can do either! I like doing them indoors on a grill pan as the heat is easy to control but you can use a BBQ. If using a BBQ be sure the heat isn’t too high and the peaches will take even less time to grill.
I have so many peaches to use up! What else can I do with them?
This recipe for Summer Peach and Basil Salad with Feta is a great way to use peaches up in a very delicious way.
I hope you love these Easy Gluten Free Grilled Peaches with Walnuts like we do😄
More easy, gluten-free recipes for summer here:
Easy Gluten Free Peaches with Walnuts
- Grill pan or BBQ
- 4 fresh peaches sliced in half, pits removed
- 2 tsp butter, unsalted
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp walnuts
- kosher salt
- Heat a grill pan or BBQ over medium heat.
- Add pitted peach halves flesh side down on the pan. Grill for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside on a plate.
Brown Sugar and Walnut Filling
- Heat some butter in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the nuts and toast for a few minutes. Stirring often and making sure the nuts don't burn.
- Add the brown sugar to pan and stir in with the buttered and toasted nuts. Melt down about 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Sprinkle with some kosher salt just before finishing.
- Divide this mixture between the grilled, pitted peaches and serve warm.