This easy Chickpea Cucumber Salad with Feta is packed with fresh ingredients and delivers major nutrition! With crisp cucumbers, hearty chickpeas, and tangy feta cheese, this delicious dish will be your new favourite healthy salad! Perfect for gluten-free eating in the spring and all year long☀️
This delicious and naturally-gluten free chickpea cucumber salad with feta is here to brighten your day!
This salad with chickpeas and feta makes an easy side dish for lunches, a healthy salad at supper, or a fabulous addition to your next picnic or potluck.
The veggies in this cucumber chickpea salad make this a super fresh and hydrating salad too.
And the chickpeas give a great kick of healthy carbs, protein and fibre.
Combine that with some fresh herbs and lemon and you've got a naturally gluten-free salad everyone can get behind.
Because let's not forget: going gluten-free can be overwhelming at times🤯
So recipes like this salad with chickpeas and cucumbers are great to have in your back pocket for easy, gluten-free eating!
If you love gluten-free salad recipes that are easy AND filling, check these out too:
New to gluten-free eating? Grab this cheat sheet!
📝 Ingredients for this chickpea cucumber salad
- Green onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Canned Chickpeas - also known as garbanzo beans
- Flat leaf parsley
- Feta cheese
🔪How to make chickpea cucumber salad
- Drain the chickpeas and dice the cucumbers and cherry tomatoes
- Then get all the ingredients, except the lemon juice, into a large bowl
- Toss everything to combine and squeeze fresh lemon juice overtop
- Serve right away or keep in the fridge for up to 3 days
🥡 Storage and Leftovers
Leftovers of this chickpea salad will stay fresh for about 3 days in the fridge.
When eating it a couple days after I make it, I like to squeeze some more fresh lemon juice overtop to brighten it up.
This salad will not freeze well so eat it up within those 3 days😄
🥗 What to serve with chickpea cucumber salad
- Grilled chicken - one of my fave go-to's to pair with salads is some lovely grilled chicken. Check out this recipe for Greek Yogurt Chicken Marinade or this one for Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast.
- Baked fish: a piece of salmon would make a super healthy addition to your chickpea cucumber salad. You'll get more protein and it'll help keep you fuller, longer. Check out this recipe for Easy Baked Salmon with Mayo or this one for Cast Iron Skillet Salmon.
- Hummus and olives: To create a Mediterranean-inspired meal, serve your chickpea cucumber salad with some hummus, olives and gluten-free crackers on the side.
- Quinoa or brown rice: For a more filling meal, serve your chickpea cucumber salad on a bed of quinoa or brown rice! You'll get more healthy carbs and it'll make this a "meal salad"😄
- Roasted vegetables: Can't really go wrong with roasted vegetables like bell peppers, eggplant, and zucchini! Roast them in the oven with some olive oil, salt, and pepper and serve them on the side. Or try this recipe for Cast Iron Skillet Brussel Sprouts with Lemon🍋
❓Are chickpeas carbs or protein?
Chickpeas are actually a great source of both carbs and protein! They're a type of legume, which means they contain a decent amount of carbohydrates, but they also pack a protein punch. In fact, just one cup of chickpeas contains around 15 grams of protein and 45 grams of carbs. Plus, the type of carb in chickpeas is low-glycemic, meaning it won't spike your blood sugars, leaving you feeling fuller for longer. So whether you're looking for a post-workout snack or a healthy addition to this or any salad, chickpeas are a tasty, nutritious and naturally gluten-free choice😎
Make this chickpea cucumber and feta salad and pop it into food prep containers. Then add some cooked chicken breast for easy and healthy gluten-free lunches for the week ahead.
This salad hits all the healthy marks and has no oil or sugar. But if you're looking for a dressing that would go nicely, try an Easy Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing! Mix some extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and Dijon mustard together to create a tangy and flavorful dressing. Pour over the salad before serving.
Hope you love this Chickpea Cucumber Salad with Feta like we do🥗
Check out these other healthy and gluten-free recipes:
- Easy Red Lentil and Chickpea Curry with Spinach
- Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
- Summer Peach and Basil Salad with Feta
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
This recipe was originally published on April 18th, 2021. Updated with more useful content and re-published on April 7th, 2023.
Chickpea Cucumber Salad with Feta
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 cups diced cucumbers
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium can chickpeas, rinsed and drained 2.5 cups (540 ml)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup mint, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese about 140 grams
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice about 1 large lemon
- Fresh ground pepper optional
- Place everything except the lemon juice in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice overtop and stir. Add fresh ground pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until you're ready to eat.