This simple, delicious and super fresh Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Mint is a perfect addition to your easy, breezy summer menu this season. With only 4 ingredients and a few minutes of chopping, you'll have yourself a refreshing, healthy and crowd-pleasing salad to dig into🥗
Strawberries and cucumbers are a match made in heaven.
It's the sweet strawberries and the hydrating cucumbers that balance each other so well.
And then you throw MINT into the mix with some fresh lime juice?!
C'mon. We are in business people.
This recipe for a simple cucumber salad was inspired by a love for easy, gluten-free recipes that are healthy and get you out of the kitchen and into whatever your family and friends are doing.
Helllooo pool-jumping-in time and chatting around a summer backyard party - yes please!
And if you love - capital L - healthy summer salads like I do, then I've got your number friend with a couple more salad recipes to check out: this Summer Peach and Basil Salad with Feta and this Summer Quinoa Salad with Mango🥭
You don't need much for this salad!
- Sliced strawberries
- Chunks of cucumbers
- Lime juice
- Fresh torn mint
This salad with strawberries, cucumber and mint really brings out the best in all the ingredients in this easy dish.
This cucumber is so easy to make. All you do is:
- Dice up the cucumbers and strawberries (no need to peel the cucumbers) and place them in a large bowl.
- Top with the torn mint and freshly squeezed lime juice. Give everything a stir and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
This simple salad can be a great base for so many different flavour combinations! See below for substitutions and some delicious variations to try.
No limes? No problem! You totally can use fresh lemons instead of lime. It gives it a different flavour but it's citrus! It'll work just fine.
Prefer basil over mint? Go for it! A cucumber fruit salad recipe works with so many different flavours so if you love the basil, skip the mint that this recipe calls for. Or have a strawberry cucumber salad with mint and basil! Best of both worlds.
There are so many fun and delicious combinations of flavours and fruit that can use this strawberry cucumber salad as a base. Here are some ideas for adding in some variety:
- Other fruit - diced watermelon, chunks of kiwi, and even blueberries could all go into a refreshing salad of cucumbers and strawberries. Experiment and see what you have in the fridge or on the counter to use up and throw it in
- Veggies to add-in - tossing the cucumbers and strawberries with some arugula, celery, zucchini, diced red onion and/or diced tomatoes adds flavour and makes this more like a "meal salad"
- Herbs - a strawberry cucumber salad goes well with basil, just as well as mint
- Different dressings - this recipe is simple on purpose, with no salad dressing and certainly no oil. But you could easily change that up with a honey lemon dressing or some apple cider vinegar whisked together with honey. Balsamic vinegar also compliments a strawberry cucumber salad nicely too
- Add cheese - say cheese please with somme feta or goat cheese. Either cheese is mild enough and adds some tang (from the feta cheese) or creamy texture (from the goat cheese)
- Add cooked pasta - a strawberry cucumber pasta salad (cold) is a healthy option for a dish that's really an all-in-one meal. Make the salad recipe (as per below) and then toss in cooked and cold pasta. I would add in some goat cheese and top with fresh ground pepper too
⏰Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this up to 2 hours before serving. Just toss everything together in a large bowl and keep it covered in the fridge.
You can squeeze some additional fresh lime juice over top just before you're ready to serve and stir it all up one more time.
If you want to make this ahead of time (see above) and go for it. Any leftovers will still be good for at least a day. Any salad left longer won't be as good as the strawberries will start to get soft and the mint will get soggy (boo.)
Be sure to store any leftovers in the fridge in a container with a tight fitting lid.
This salad doesn't stand up to freezing so don't even go there, k? Just eat this delicious salad up while it's fresh😄
Hope you love this Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Mint like we do!
Keep the summer vibes goin' with these easy and gluten-free recipes:
- Easy Gluten Free Grilled Peaches with Walnuts
- Delicious Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread (Healthy Recipe)
- One Pan Chicken Breast with Zucchini and Peaches
- Summer Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- Simple Mango Salsa
Strawberry Cucumber and Mint Salad
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoon Mint, torn
- Dice the cucumbers and strawberries. Place in a bowl.
- Top with fresh torn mint and fresh lime juice.
- Stir to combine. Let set in fridge for 30 minutes before serving.