Are ya back in the 80s yet?
These babies really take me back.
I just bought a box of these at a local grocery store trip (with kids). Against my better judgement but I couldn’t resist for 2 reasons:
- The kids would get a kick out of me buying a giant box of water, sugar and food colouring
- I was tired
Ok, I guess that’s three things.
But you know how tastes can really take you back and maaannn, frozen blue raspberry is one of those tastes for me.
Well that and remembering how you’d always cut the inside corners of your mouth with the giant plastic sleeve. Meh. No biggie.
So yes, I bought the jumbo freezies. But here’s another yummy, cool-you-down summer treat:
Simple 2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Summer Popsicles!
They’re super simple to make – literally, 2 ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt
- Frozen orange juice concentrate
This is my mum’s recipe and I grew up eating these in hot, prairie summers.
I even still have the popsicle holders she used to make them, circa 1975 (or thereabouts.)
And the kiddios love them, which is great. Hubby too!
A few notes about the recipe:
- I’ll usually take out the can of oj the night before I want to make these popsicles and put it in the fridge. Then it’s thawed but still cold when you need it
- You can adjust the proportions of yogurt to oj to your liking – sometimes I’ll add a little less yogurt to let the tangy oj taste really come out. Try it once as is and then experiment to your liking
- I’ve added fruit in the past – dark cherries pieces and cut up strawberries were my favourite🍓
- Depending on your freezer, they take a good 3-4 hours to get solid. Make them in the morning to have them after supper to be sure they’re nice and frozen or overnight
- My popsicle holders aren’t very big and this recipe makes 6 of my “vintage” popsicles. Double it to make more💁♀️
- Here’s a shot of them with cherry pieces:
I hope you try these Simple 2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Summer Popsicles and love them like we do.
If you do try the recipe, please rate and comment below. I do love hearing from you😄
PS Looking for some more delicious and easy-to-make snacks?
Check these out:
Simple 2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Summer Popsicles
- 295 ml 100% orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed 1 can. Pulp vs no-pulp is your preference
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Mix orange juice concentrate and Greek yogurt in a bowl with a whisk.
- Pour into popsicle holders for 4 hours or until frozen solid.