With only 4 ingredients, these Easy Coconut Energy Bites will soon become your next favourite healthy snack recipe.
File these bad boys under dangerously delicious. I can’t hardly stop eating them you guys.
In fact, a couple years ago, after a summer vacation at a cottage in Ontario (Kawartha lakes area to be a little more precise) and I reeeeeally wish I had a batch of these waiting in my freezer…
Sweet, but not TOO sweet – and filling, these Easy Coconut Energy Bites hit the spot for my craving for an afternoon snack or after supper treat.
If you love healthy and easy recipes for snacks, I think you’re gonna love this one too.
Have you tried making energy bites yet?
Because they can be great way to not only get a hint of sweet into your day (who doesn’t love that) but they can also be a source of nutrition – fibre, omega3 fats or antioxidants.
The internet is full of awesome energy bite recipes – just google it and you’ll get like oh I dunno, 76 million hits in 0.78 seconds(!?)
But one of my fave blogger out there throwing down delicious no-bake bites is Gimme Some Oven’s recipe for no-bake bites – she’s got a ton of variations too.
I love how you can really customize the bites to whatever you like. And whatever you end up putting in them, they’re super easy and delicious 🙂
No matter how you make ’em, energy bites can be a super addition to your recipe repertoire.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these 4-Ingredient Coconut Energy Bites:
- Natural peanut butter
- Maple syrup
- Rolled oats – NOT quick oats; I like the “large flake oats” (cooks in 4-5 minutes)
- Unsweetened, shredded coconut
Can I use regular peanut butter?
Short answer: probably, yes. But I’ve never tried making them with regular peanut butter.
Do they freeze well?
I’ve find these freeze easily, yes. Up to 3 months in an air-tight container. Even try ’em just out of the freezer for a yummy, cool treat.
Have some fun and experiment with these energy bites. You won’t win ’em all but mistakes are easier to take when covered in peanut butter 😉
Hope you love these energy bites. If you try them, comment below and let me know. I do love hearing from you 😄
PS. Looking for another healthy and simple snack? Check out my recipe for these Healthy 3-Ingredient Sweet and Salty Oat Cookies! So. Yummy.
And these Simple 2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Summer Popsicles are delicious and give you a kick of protein.
Easy Coconut Energy Bites
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats "large flake oats"
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Cinnamon to taste Optional
- Add peanut butter and and maple syrup to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat this mixture for 20 seconds at a time in the microwave, about 3 times. Whisk between heating bouts. The mixture will start to smell amazing and it will dry out a bit and become fluffier.
- Add the oats and coconut to the peanut butter mixture. Stir well until throghougly combined.
- This mixture is really easy to pick up so you can use your hands or a melon baller to shape into balls. (I usually start with the melon baller but then just end up using my hands because it's faster.)
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.