With only 4 ingredients, these Energy Balls with Coconut are a perfect no-bake healthy and gluten-free snack.
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe:
- Gluten-free rolled oats - NOT quick oats; I like the "rolled oats" from Only Oats
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter
- Shredded coconut (unsweetened)
See the recipe card below for amounts.
File these bad boys under dangerously delicious. I can't hardly stop eating them you guys.
In fact, a couple years ago, after a summer vacation at a cottage in Ontario (Kawartha lakes area to be a little more precise) and I reeeeeally wish I had a batch of these waiting in my freezer...[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Can I use regular peanut butter?
Short answer: probably, yes. But I've never tried making them with regular peanut butter.
Do these bites freeze well?
I've find these freeze easily, yes. Up to 3 months in an air-tight container.
Even eat them just out of the freezer for a yummy, cool treat.
Sweet, but not TOO sweet - and filling, these energy bites will hit the spot for an afternoon snack or after dinner "treat".
If you love healthy and easy recipes for gluten-free snacks, I think you'd also love these No-Bake California Prune Power Balls or these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars.
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
But one of my fave blogger out there throwing down delicious no-bake bites is Gimme Some Oven's recipe for no-bake bites - she's got a ton of variations too.
I love how you can really customize the bites to whatever you like.
And whatever you end up putting in them, they're super easy and delicious😄
Have some fun and experiment with these energy bites. You won't win 'em all but mistakes are easier to take when covered in peanut butter😋
Hope you love these energy bites. If you try them, comment below and let me know.
I do love hearing from you🙋♀️
PS. Looking for more gluten-free and simple snacks?
Check these out:
- Healthy 3-Ingredient Sweet and Salty Oat Cookies! So. Yummy.
- Simple 2-Ingredient Greek Yogurt Summer Popsicles
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Oat Cookies with Date Sugar
- Banana Date Chia Smoothie
Energy Balls with Coconut
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats "large flake oats"
- ¾ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon to taste Optional
- Add peanut butter and and maple syrup to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat this mixture for 20 seconds at a time in the microwave, about 3 times. Whisk between heating bouts. The mixture will start to smell amazing and it will dry out a bit and become fluffier.
- Add the oats and coconut to the peanut butter mixture. Stir well until throghougly combined.
- This mixture is really easy to pick up so you can use your hands or a melon baller to shape into balls. (I usually start with the melon baller but then just end up using my hands because it's faster.)
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
Cynthia Tovar says
They look delish, thank u for sharing
Glad you think so, Cynthia! Thanks for taking the time to comment 🙂