This post is sponsored by the good people behind Canadian-made LIVA Date Sugar.
Gluten-Free Breakfast Oat Cookies with Date Sugar are bursting with fibre, potassium and a hint of sweetness - thanks to LIVA Raw Date Sugar.
Nothing says get-up-and-go in the morning like breakfast????
And sometimes, you gotta get up and GO.
Downstairs to your office????
As you wipe off the random crumbs and clear away the dishes from the day before, these Gluten-Free Breakfast Oat Cookies with LIVA Date Sugar will help you power through those morning TPS reports in no time (Office Space, anyone?)
And I’m lovin’ how LIVA Date Sugar gives these breakfast oat cookies their sweetness and more nutrition than just regular ol’ refined white sugar.
So what exactly is LIVA date sugar?
LIVA date sugar is a pure, organic, all natural and versatile whole food sugar that you can use in place of regular sweeteners.
Where can I use date sugar in my baking and cooking?
You can use LIVA almost anywhere you’d use regular sugar – cooking, baking.
Just replace it 1:1 for regular sugar.
I can’t wait to try it in a punchy Pina colada, poolside this summer????
It’s the simple stuff that will really get us through this spring - and for the rest of the year, don’t you think?
And please friend. Do me a favour. If you’re looking to “get healthy” this summer, don’t overhaul your eating habits in one keto-kale filled weekend, k?
Just put a little healthy in there, one change at a time.
Small changes really DO add up. Don’t give up and throw in the towel; make changes you can actually live with.
Emphasis on YOU and ACTUALLY.
One change to consider? LIVA is lower in calories than many other sweeteners like refined white sugar. It has 15 calories and 3.6g of carbohydrates per 4g serving.
It’s got this amazing, almost rich taste too. It’s delicious.
So, date sugar. Like, dates? Just dates?
Yep! On their website, they say LIVA date sugar is made with only 2 ingredients: dates and love (awww.)
LIVA is solar dried for 2 days and then grinned into a powder. You get most of the nutrition that you get from dates, except the Vitamin C is done (that much sunlight will do that.)
It’s whole fruit sugar with nothing else added. And what’s great is that the fibre and antioxidants stay.
How cool is that? Man, talk about making every bite count. Now wherever I need some sugar, I can use LIVA Date sugar to give a little boost of nutrition.
Here's what you'll need to make these Gluten-Free Breakfast Oat Cookies with Date Sugar:
- LIVA Date Sugar
- Cacao nibs
- Gluten-Free rolled oats
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Chia seeds
- 5 Medjool dates
- 2 bananas
- Vanilla extract
I hope you love these Gluten-Free Breakfast Oat Cookies with Date Sugar like we do❣️
Looking for other gluten-free snacks for the morning? Check these out:
Gluten-free Oat Breakfast Cookies with Date Sugar
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 medjool dates pitted
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup/date sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix cacao nibs, oats, coconut, chia and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a food processor, add the medjool dates, bananas, natural peanut butter and date sugar and blend by pulsing a few times until fully combined.
- Pour the date mixture over the bowl of combined dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Using a ¼ cup measure, place 12 scoops of the cookie mixture on to the baking sheet.
- Wet the back of a measuring cup and gently press each cookie down slightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for about 22 minutes or until you can smell the coconut and the bottoms are nicely browned.
- Serve warm or keep in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 4 days.