These Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter are a perfect gluten-free snack or “dessert” – super simple to make, dangerously delicious and actually good for you😄
What is puffed quinoa anyways?
Puffed quinoa is made by “baking” those small almost seed-like quinoa grains, which makes up them all puffed up!
Puffed quinoa can be enjoyed with some milk for a quick breakfast, added to yogurt, used in homemade cereal bars and even in salads for a special crunchy and nutritious touch.
Where can I use puffed quinoa?
You use use this puffy grain a ton of places: sprinkled on yogurt, worked into protein balls, bars or other snacks. You can even throw it into smoothies or on top of salads for a fun crunch.
Check out this super delicious looking recipe from Sugar Salted for Puffed Quinoa Date Energy Balls. Yum YUM.
Where can I buy puffed quinoa?
Most bulk food stores will carry it. I get mine at my local Bulk Barn.
These Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter are kinda like a “healthy rice krispie square” (as per my hubby.)
With only 5 ingredients, I think you’ll love this gluten-free treat😋
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter:
- Almond butter – but April, wait! Almond butter is kinda pricey – can I use peanut butter? Absolutely, my friend. (And I hear you on the price. It’s a “splurge” in my house🙋♀️)
- Honey – the liquid type
- Puffed Quinoa
It’s super simple: just melt the almond butter and honey together; add the vanilla, cinnamon and stir in the puffed quinoa until all combined.
Press mixture into a prepared pan and pop into the freezer to set.
It couldn’t be easier to have a delicious and somewhat healthy, gluten-free dessert.
Hope you love these Puffed Quinoa Bars as much as we do😄
PS Looking for more gluten-free snacks? Check these delicious ones out too:
Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon optional
- vegan chocolate chunks optional
- Line an 8x8" square pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the almond butter and honey over low-medium heat. Add vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk together.
- Once combined, pour the almond butter mixture over the puffed quinoa in a bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Press into the prepared pan. Stick a few chocolate chunks into the top spaced out (optional).
- Place into the freezer for 15 min. Remove and cut into bars.
- Serve right away or keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.