These Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars are a perfect breakfast on-the-go or healthy mid-afternoon snack😋 Super easy to make too with only 3 main ingredients too.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars
- Gluten-free oats – I use these rolled oats from Only Oats
- Medjool dates – and only these type of dates
- Natural peanut butter
- Chocolate chips/chunks
How do I get the pit out of the medjool dates?
All you have to do is spilt the date with a knife and then pluck it outta there:
Can I use regular peanut butter?
I use natural peanut butter so non-natural peanut butter would change the recipe and I would guess, you might need a little water. Keep an eye on the mixture as you blend. You could also use natural almond butter too.
Do I need to use salt on top??
After I press them into the pan, I’ll add a little salt on top to get the “salty and sweet” taste😋 I use this fantastic rock salt grater from Rivsalt – check it out:
You can also use a few grains of rock salt sprinkled on top or skip the salt if you don’t need it 😉
Want more?Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
I started experimenting a few weeks ago to get the right amount of peanut butter and dates, plus right type of dates (ONLY USE MEDJOOL DATES PEOPLE) and 57 trips to Bulk Barn later, this recipe is all set for your weekend meal-prep playlist my friend.
I think you’re gonna love these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars
The recipe itself was really inspired by Rx Bars. Have you tried them?
They’re made with very few ingredients and I absolutely love them but the only downside is that my jaw cracks like crazy when I eat them.
They’re sooooo tough to chew.
So these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars are easier on the jaw, plus they taste amazing.
I hope you love them!❣️
Check out these other healthy and easy recipes:
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins with Quinoa Flakes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raspberry Breakfast Bites (gluten-free)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Easy Butter Lettuce and Pomegranate Salad
- Healthy Soft-Baked Oatmeal with Peanut Butter and Peaches
- Healthy Banana Bread with White Beans
- Easy Coconut Energy Bites
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted About 7 large
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp chocolate chunks
- Salt to taste
- Using a high-speed blender or food processor, blend oats on "flour" setting into oat flour.
- Add dates to oat flour and process for about 30 seconds on manual. Then add peanut butter and blend until a combined "dough" is formed, about another 30 seconds.
- Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Scrape the dough from the blender and press into the pan.
- Press the chocolate chunks (or chips) in the bar, spaced apart.
- Put in the freezer for about 10 minutes or until set. Then take them out of the freezer and cut lengthwise into 6 bars.