This recipe for Pumpkin Baked Oats made in the air fryer oven is a delicious and healthy gluten-free breakfast. Made with high-fibre oats, canned pumpkin, and mashed bananas, these pumpkin baked oats will be your go-to breakfast this autumn!
With the fall season upon us, let's get into all things PUMPKIN, shall we?
Case in point: pumpkin baked oatmeal!
A delicious, gluten-free breakfast you can make ahead in your air fryer convection oven and enjoy with a cup of coffee in the morning☕
These air fryer pumpkin baked oats have no sugar (except for some optional chocolate chips on the top), PLUS they're super easy to make
Check out these fall and pumpkin-forward recipes too:
📝Ingredients in pumpkin baked oats
- Pure canned pumpkin
- Almond milk
- 1 banana mashed
- Gluten-free rolled oats
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin spice
- Chocolate chips
🔄Helpful Ingredient Notes
- Pure canned pumpkin - ONLY use pure, canned pumpkin for this recipe. Don't use pumpkin pie filling because that has sugar, salt and other spices typically.
- Type of milk - you can use any kind of milk - I prefer almond but oat milk and just regular cow's milk will produce similar results (with a slightly different taste)
- Gluten-free rolled oats - look for rolled oats that are lablled "gluten-free". Oats are a naturally gluten-free food on their own but can get "contaiminated" with gluten through the farming or processing process. Avoid "quick cooking oats" and avoid steel cut oats for this baked oats recipe
- Chocolate chips - most chocolate chips are naturally gluten-free but check the ingredient list and packaging to double check the brand you buy
🔪How to make pumpkin baked oats
🥡Storage and Freezing
These pumpkin baked oats are good for about 3 days on the counter in an air-tight container.
If you want, make 2 batches and then wrap cut squares of the pumpkin baked oats in parchment paper and freeze for up to 3 months.
I hope you love these pumpkin baked oats like we do!
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
Air Fryer Pumpkin Baked Oats
- 1 Air Fryer / convection oven
- ⅔ cup pure canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 ¼ cup oats gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add the canned pumpkin, almond milk and banana to a medium bowl and stir with a fork to combine fully. Mash out any large lumps of banana (but it doesn't have to be perfectly smooth.)
- In a separate medium bowl, add the oats, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients with the oats to the bowl with the pumpkin mixture.
- Stir until combined fully with a spatula.
- Add the pumpkin oat batter to the loaf pan with parchment paper. Spread out evenly.
- Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the air fryer / convection oven for 27 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Serve warm.