This Super Moist Pumpkin Bread will have you wishing it was fall all year long🍂
Made with simple and wholesome ingredients, this pumpkin bread with olive oil is ready in about an hour and perfect for breakfast on-the-go or mid-afternoon snack.
Psst, there’s a little surprise too…c’mon in close, that’s it..there’s a secret ingredient. I know, right?! It’s…lemon zest🍋
No fluffy loafs here, the moistness comes thanks to the combo of the olive oil, a smidge of milk and of course, a generous amount of canned pumpkin😋
A super moist pumpkin bread with olive oil makes for a delicious mid-afternoon snack
Filled with healthy-carbs, potassium and a kick of fibre, this pumpkin bread has been my quick and healthy breakfast these days when I pair it with a couple hard boiled eggs and the coffee, of course☕
Here’s what you’ll need for this pumpkin bread:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Canned pumpkin
- 1 lemon (for the zest)
- Pumpkin seeds (aka pepitas)
And a couple of FAQs:
Can I make this pumpkin bread gluten free?
Using a gluten-free flour will change the density of the loaf but oat flour is a close substitute if you require gluten-free option. I would not recommend almond flour though, k?
How long does it keep?
On the counter in an air-tight container, this loaf will keep for about 3 days on the counter so eat it up by then or wrap it up and pop it in the freezer (sliced) to enjoy for up to another month.
If you try this out, please rate and comment. I do love hearing from you🙋♀️
If you like the sound of this Super Moist Pumpkin Bread, check out these yummy and healthy recipes too:
Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg; whisk in brown sugar, oil and milk. Stir in pumpkin and lemon zest. Stir the pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into loaf pan (8 inch by 4-inch (1.5L). Sprinkle the top with the pepitas.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan and carefully lift out onto rack to cool completely.