This Healthy Fall Vegetarian Curry is so easy to make and just PACKED with vegetables. A simple yet delicious curried coconut sauce with a hit of protein from the white kidney beans rounds out this comforting dish.
Alright, let’s get into fall: we’ve got back to school (yay!), lunches to make and hockey practices to get to.
Plus, work is still trucking along (actually, it’s more like a high-speed train these days) and you need healthy gluten-free recipe STAT.
This Healthy Fall Vegetarian Curry is perfect for right now in life🍂
Super healthy, veggie-forward and easy to make with a perfect lunch profile, this easy vegetarian curry can be a go-to for you this fall.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this Easy Vegetarian Curry:
- Coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 onion
- Curry powder
- 2 carrots
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can of white kidney beans
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- Vegetable broth
- Baby kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Basil for garnish (optional)
This Easy Vegetarian Curry recipe for fall makes A LOT. Like 10 cups. So get those lunch-prep containers out and ready to fill with this healthy-goodness😋
What should I serve with this healthy vegetarian curry recipe?
You can serve this on some lovely brown rice, basmati rice or just eat it straight up!
Why coconut oil? Can I use olive oil (or another oil instead?)
I like cooking with coconut oil from time to time because of the hint of coconut it gives dishes. And coconut+curry=Yum City🏙️
If you don’t like or have coconut oil on hand, that’s totally fine. You just need some oil to saute the onions in and release the flavour of the curry powder. Mmmm, I can smell that classic scent wafting through your kitchen already.
I hope you love this easy vegetarian curry😄
Here are some other veggie-forward recipes to check out:
- Healthy Banana Bread with White Beans
- Lemony Brown Rice, Broccoli and Feta Salad
- Grilled Halloumi Salad with Tomato and Parsley
- Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter
- Moroccan-Spiced Black Bean Salad with Brown Rice
Healthy Fall Vegetarian Curry
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced about 3 cups
- 1 small head of broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1 - 540 ml can of white beans
- 1 - 400 ml can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 900 ml low sodium vegetable broth 4 cups
- 2 bunches of any type of greens washed and cut (kale, bok choy, collards, turnip greens, etc.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- In a large pot heat coconut oil and sauté onions and curry powder until the onions are soft (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the vegetables, beans, and coconut milk. Stir to combine. Bring to simmer and add the vegetable broth. Simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Add the greens, then season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with brown rice. Garnish with basil.