This Moroccan-Spiced Black Bean Salad with Brown Rice is healthy and delicious????
This is a salad you'll turn to for:
- A go-to lunch meal prep option
- An easy side for supper
- When you just don't feel like cooking
A solid 10/10 for sure.
My time-tested formula to make a salad that will fill you up and be portable is:
- A healthy-care and gluten-free base: rice, quinoa
- Protein: black beans or chickpeas; cut up and cooked chicken breast; or chunks of grilled tofu, etc.
- Vegetables that can hold their own: cherry tomatoes, cucumber chunks, pepper slices, diced carrots and celery
- Nuts - roasted almonds or pepitas to hold their crunch
- And if you like it, throw on some crumbled feta or mini bocconcini cheese
This base can literally give you a bazillion options.
That's a number right?
Here's what you'll need to make this Moroccan Black Bean Salad with Brown Rice:
- Cooked brown rice
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black beans
- Slivered almonds
For the dressing, all you need is:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
That’s it (mic drop)????
You know when you find those flavour combos and you just can't stop using them?
One of my faves is the whole lime juice+cumin+coriander combination.
Added some fresh cilantro and tried the combo on some BBQ'd corn last summer. Result? Flavour Heaven.
And if you're looking for ideas for lunches, this Moroccan-Spiced Black Bean Salad with Brown Rice works well paired with chicken breast.
I'll make it up and it keeps pretty well for 3 days so we can have lunches.
Love it because you don't have to heat anything up for this lunch:
I hope you love this Moroccan-Spiced Black Bean Salad with Brown Rice????♀️
Looking for more easy, gluten-free recipes?
Check these out:
Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans
Easy Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado
Moroccan-Spiced Black Bean Salad with Brown Rice
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed; 19oz; about 2 cups
- ¼ cup silvered almonds
- Mint leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While rice cooks, add olive oil, lime juice, cumin, coriander and salt and pepper to a small mason jar. Whisk together with a small fork. Set aside.
- Toast silvered almonds in a pan over med-high heat for about 3-5 minutes or until browned. Side aside to cool.
- Combine chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, drained black beans, and cooled rice in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss gently to combine.
- Place the salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with toasted almonds and torn mint right before serving or use in lunch prep with cooked chicken breasts.
I will making this, thank you ????
April Saunders says
You're very welcome, Gerarda!