These Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs are going to be your next favourite weeknight meal.
I asked my mom for this recipe a few days ago so I could get this one in the books – or err, on the blog, I guess.
This recipe for Instant Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs is one you can come back to again and again.
It’s a take on a recipe from my Mum’s friend, Lindsay. She had shared it years ago with her and we’ve been making it ever since.
I’ve adjusted it for the Instant Pot because hello? Who can’t use easy, weeknight meal that’s also a crowd-pleaser.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Instant Pot Hot and Sweet Chicken Thighs:
- Chicken thighs – boneless, skinless
- Olive Oil
- Chicken broth
- Dijon mustard
- Chili powder
Nothing fancy here😄
Oh and just WAIT till you taste the broth that’s leftover once you spoon the chicken out of the Instant Pot.
It’s that delicious broth that always has me serving this recipe in a deeeeep bowl with basmati rice so it can soak up alllll the goodness.
Let me repeat: the delicious broth that’s left in the Instant Pot once you portion out the chicken thighs is not something to be missed out on.
Spoon that on up and pour it over your bowl of chicken and rice🤤
Ok, now I’m day dreaming about it…mmmm
Woooo! (head shake) Ok I’m back.
By the way, if you’re just getting started with your Instant Pot, their own website has a ton of great tips that I’ve found helpful.
I keep exploring what I can do with this super interesting and slightly scary kitchen contraption😄
I hope you love this Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs recipe🙋♀️
If you’re looking for a few other gluten-free and healthy recipes, check these out:
Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Thighs
- 6 - Quart Instant Pot
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 0.8-1 kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs About 6-8 medium thighs
- 1 cup no salt chicken broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Select "Saute" on your Instant Pot. Add the olive oil. While the oil is warming up, mix-up the ingredients of the sticky sauce in a bowl.
- Once the Instant Pot reads "Hot", sear the chicken thighs. Add them to the pot one at a time and sear on all sides, turning a few times for 5 minutes. Remove from the pot.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and scrape any chicken bits from the bottom of the pot up with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken back into the pot, right into the broth. Coat the chicken with the sticky sauce.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the steam valve is closed. Press "Cancel" on the Instant Pot. Set to "Pressure Cook" for 7 minutes.
- Once the 7 minutes is up, give the chicken a 5 min NPR then release the remaining steam. Be careful not to burn yourself!
- Portion the chicken thighs over basmati rice and using a large serving spoon. Add more of the sauce over top the chicken and rice. Serve hot.