Super Easy Soup Season is upon us! Also known as: cold weather time????
And this recipe for Easy Winter Soup with Beans will quickly become one of your family favourites if you too love soups in the wintertime.
I remember a few years ago I was soooo sick at Christmas. I literally couldn't even leave my bed Christmas eve and Christmas Day.
Except of course for putting on an excited face when Santa delivered two giant stuffed animals for the kids????
Once the kids were busy playing with their new toys in the living room, I was back in bed.
It was brutal.
But we do what we gotta do, right?
Sick or not, this Easy Winter Soup with Beans is one of my favourite soups to make every year.
The recipe is modified from my mom's friend and it's suuuuper healthy.
Think protein packed beans and quinoa; iron rich spinach and vitamin C-boosted tomatoes.
Here's what you'll need for this Easy Winter Soup with Beans:
- Dried basil and oregano
- Low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of white beans (cannellini beans)
This soup is pretty forgiving too - if you have extra veggies you want to use up, throw it in!
I'll add chopped celery, carrots or use cooked rice I have already cooked in the fridge instead of the quinoa if I have it.
This recipe for Easy Winter Soup with Beans will help boost your veggie intake in the most delicious way.
Since it's so easy to make, it'll be a no brainer on those cold Sundays ahead.
Plus, this super easy soup is helpful when you feel like you’ve had a day (or, ahem, days) of unhealthy eating from holiday-related indulgences????
It’s the kind of simple soup that can get you back on the healthy-and-feeling-good bandwagon.
I hope you try this super easy soup and love it like we do ????
If you like the sound of this, check out these other healthy recipes:
Easy Winter Soup with Beans
- 1.5 cups quinoa, cooked Quinoa expands almost 3 times after cooking (1 cup dry = 3 cups cooked approx.)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1-28oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-19oz can white kidney beans (cannellini beans) rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- When the quinoa is almost done, heat oil on medium in large pot.
- Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook for another minute, stirring frequently, until spinach is completely wilted.
- Add in tomatoes, broth, spices, quinoa, and beans. Add some fresh ground pepper here too. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Taste before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.