This Quinoa Spinach Soup with White Kidney Beans is a like a warm hug on a cold day. Protein-packed quinoa, fresh spinach, bright tomatoes and filling white beans come together for a super nutritious soup. You're gonna love it😍
Can you feel it?
It's that time of year.
The time of year when it's COLD.
It's cold and it's dark.
At like 4:30p
And all you wanna do,is just get a healthy supper on the table and watch Ted Lasso already.
This quinoa spinach soup recipe can help you do just that!
My hope is that this will be your new favorite soup.
This is comfort food.
But like good-for-you comfort food😄
📝Ingredients for quinoa spinach soup
Here's what you'll need to make this easy spinach and quinoa soup:
- Quinoa - cooked
- Olive oil
- 1 onion - shallots are nice if you have them
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh baby spinach leaves
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Low-sodium vegetable broth - make sure it's gluten-free broth!
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- White kidney beans - also known as cannellini beans
- Salt and pepper
It’s the kind of simple soup that can get you back on the healthy-and-feeling-good bandwagon.
There's a few swaps you can make if you don't have - or can't get - all the ingredients above.
- No fresh baby spinach? You can use chopped kale instead of spinach or frozen chopped kale or spinach. Either will work great
- No white kidney beans? Any beans will do. Try black beans instead or even chickpeas
- No quinoa? Go for cooked rice instead! Just know that with leftovers, the cooked rice will soak up some broth as it sits in the fridge so you may have to thin out leftovers as you heat them back up with extra broth
- No vegetable stock? If you're short on vegetable stock you can use chicken instead. Again just make sure it's gluten-free too😄
And if you have extra roasted vegetables or leftover sweet potatoes that have been roasted, feel free to throw those in too!
🔪How to make quinoa spinach soup
🥡Storage and Leftovers
This soup will be good in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply re-heat on the stove.
Sometimes you'll need a little more broth to thin it out if the soup thickens up on you. The quinoa is really good at sucking up that moisture😅
Also, did you know that your CHICKEN BROTH could have gluten in it?!🤯
Yah. I know. It's true.
I hope you try quinoa soup with spinach and love it like we do.
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
😄More recipes to check out
- Easy Chicken Soup with Tomatoes and White Beans
- Healthy Taco Salad with Ground Beef and Kidney Beans
- Easy Spiced Chicken Salad with Brown Rice
- Healthy Banana Bread with White Beans
- Easy Weeknight Ground Turkey Soup
Healthy Quinoa Spinach Soup with White Beans
- 1.5 cups quinoa, cooked Quinoa expands almost 3 times after cooking (1 cup dry = 3 cups cooked approx.)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 3.5 cups diced tomatoes - 1 large can 796 ml / 28 oz / 3.5 cups
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-19oz can white kidney beans (cannellini beans) rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- When the quinoa is almost done, heat olive oil on medium heat in a large saucepan or dutch oven.
- When the oil is shimmering, add onion and garlic. Saute onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add a little salt here.
- Then, add the spinach leaves and cook for another minute, stirring frequently, until spinach is completely wilted.
- Finally, add in diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, spices, cooked quinoa, and white kidney beans. Add some fresh ground pepper here too. Stir and cover.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Taste before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.