This Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta (gluten-free) is so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe comes together for a healthy and delicious meal on a busy weeknight.
This recipe for baked feta pasta is my spin on the super popular recipe that appeared on TikTok back in 2020.
The simplicity and deliciousness of a recipe with baked feta with tomatoes and olive oil took off like a rocket🚀
I had to try it for myself and it does not disappoint.
I've added the red peppers to give some more vitamin C, fibre and the sweetness that comes out once they're roasted.
The oringial recipe has you mashing up the feta cheese and tomatoes but here, I'm blending them up.
Trust me: it's worth the extra step of getting that blender or food processor out.
You'll blitz the sauce into a creamy (but not heavy), silky texture.
Get some fresh basil on top and it's pasta perfection🍝
And of course, it's made with gluten-free pasta and all the ingredients for the feta and tomato sauce are naturally gluten-free.
Bottom line: this is a weeknight dinner recipe you'll want to make again and again.
For more dinner recipes, check these kepers out too:
📝Ingredients for baked feta and tomato pasta
- Feta cheese
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red, yellow or orange pepper
- Fresh garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cooked, gluten-free pasta (I'm lovin' Banza pasta these days)
- Fresh basil or fresh parsley for serving
- Some reserved water from the pasta for blending
This feta tomato pasta is super easy to make too. Here's the high level steps:
More tips below and see the recipe card at the bottom for the full instructions.
- Feta cheese - if you only have the already crumbled feta you can use that instead of the block of feta cheese for this pasta recipe. Just be sure before baking it that you toss the feta with the tomatoes, peppers and olive oil. And if you use the crumbled feta, decrease the baking time by ~8 minutes and stir halfway.
- Peppers - yellow, red, or orange peppers will do the trick in this recipe. I don't recommend green peppers though as they just don't get as sweet when roasted
- Cherry tomatoes - you can use full sized tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes in this recipe. Just roughly chop them up before placing in the baking dish for roasting
- Hot red pepper flakes - like it hot? Sprinkle some hot red chili flakes onto the feta before baking it to spice things up
🍽️What to serve with baked feta and tomato pasta
I'm always in the mood for a little green in my meals too so you can also add a simple green salad, like this recipe for Simple Romaine Salad with Radish and Parmesan.
Or go for some roasted broccoli or carrots because the oven is hot already! Why not roast some veggies too?
If you use gluten-free pasta like Banza pasta, you're getting some extra protein too.
Fun fact: Banza pasta has about 1.5 times more protein than regular pasta and 3 times more fibre. Win🏅
🥡Leftovers and Freezing
Leftover feta and tomato sauce can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store any leftover sauce separate from cooked pasta.
Just re-heat when ready to serve and toss with pasta.
The tomato feta pasta sauce can also be frozen. Once you make it and allow it to cool down, the sauce will be good in the freezer for up to 3 months. Make sure it's in an air-tight container. Thaw overnight in the fridge before using.
❓Why doesn't my baked feta get creamy?
Feta cheese doesn't really melt and get all ooey gooey like a goat cheese or even a typical cheddar cheese.
When you blend this recipe for baked feta with tomatoes in the food processor, it may still have "grains" or specks of feta cheese. And that's okay!
🧀What else can I make with feta cheese?
Feta cheese is one of my most favourite cheeses. It's super versatile and tastes delicious on it's own (thank you salt!)
Here are some yummy, gluten-free recipes with feta:
- Lemony Brown Rice, Broccoli and Feta Salad
- Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta
- Summer Peach and Basil Salad with Feta
- Fresh Herb Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
- Easy Greek Dip with Feta
And you can't go wrong with a simple Greek-inspired salad: chopped cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced red onion, crumbled feta with some olive oil, fresh lemon juice with some salt, oregano and basil = YUM.
Hope you love this recipe like we do.
If you try the recipe, please do rate and comment - I love hearing from you🙋♀️
Check out more healthy and gluten-free recipes here:
- Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings (gluten-free)
- Easy Roasted Garlic Carrots with Parmesan Cheese
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Pomegranate Seeds
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins with Coconut Flour
- Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter
- Easy Weeknight Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta (gluten-free)
- 8 oz feta cheese About 1 cup or 200 grams
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1.5 cup red or orange pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups Cooked, gluten-free pasta of choice 4 cups dry
- Reserved pasta water for blending sauce
- Fresh basil or fresh parsley for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place feta in a baking dish. Surround with cherry tomatoes, sliced pepper and whole garlic cloves. Drizzle with the 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Grind fresh pepper over top of everything. Give the veggies a little stir.
- Roast at 425F for 30 min. When there is about 10 minutes left, cook your pasta of choice according to package instructions. Reserve some cooking water from the pasta.
- Remove the feta mixture from the oven after 30 minutes and let cool just for a few minutes.
- Carefully add the roasted feta mixture into a blender or food processor with about ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water. Blend until smooth, about 30 - 45 seconds.
- Plate pasta and pour some feta sauce over cooked pasta. Serve with fresh basil or parsley.