These Easy Gluten-Free Ground Turkey Burger are a perfect weeknight meal. You'll make your own delicious BBQ sauce for them and you only need the ground turkey and gluten-free oats for the burgers. Yum!
This recipe for Easy Gluten-Free Turkey Burgers is perfect to have in your back pocket for a yummy weeknight meal.
I love how you can cook these gluten-free turkey burgers in the oven too.
Broiler to the rescue!
Super helpful when you don't have a BBQ handy. Or at all.
We're renovating our deck and our BBQ gave up after 10+ years of delicious service last year.
We're waiting till the upper deck is done so we have somewhere to put the next BBQ.
Until then, these gluten-free ground turkey burgers are just perfect for cooking in the oven.
You could also cook them on the stovetop too on a grill pan.
Here's what you'll need to make these Easy Gluten-Free Ground Turkey Burgers:
- Ground turkey - about 1 lb (0.5kg)
- Gluten-free oats
Homemade BBQ sauce:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Red pepper flakes (if you like it hot like me🔥)
- Fresh ground pepper
A recipe like this one for Easy Gluten-Free Ground Turkey Burgers is perfect anytime you need supper on the table ASAP
What should I serve with these turkey burgers?
Personally, I like eating the burger on it's own with a salad - like my Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Mint in the picture below.
You can of course serve them on little gluten-free buns with all your favourite burger fixings.
Can I use ground beef instead of ground turkey?
Yes! You definitely can substitute ground beef for the ground turkey.
Oooo! Too hot for me with red pepper flakes! Can I leave them out?
Yep! If you don't need the heat KICK, don't add the crushed red peppers. If you like more heat, then go crazy.
Can I freeze these turkey burgers?
Yes, you can freeze these turkey burgers. Just make them as the recipe says but instead of cooking them, freeze them between sheets of parchment paper and wrapped in plastic for up to 1 month.
Thaw overnight in the fridge before cooking frozen patties.
I've got leftover ground turkey! What else can I make?
Here's a few ideas:
- Make an extra batch of these gluten-free turkey burgers and freeze them!
- Turkey Tacos!
- Ground Turkey in Tomato Sauce with Gluten-Free Pasta
- Easy Weeknight Ground Turkey Soup
- These awesome looking Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps from the Recipe Critic????
So many delicious options, right?
Hope you love these Easy Gluten-Free Ground Turkey Burgers like we do!
Check out these easy recipes that are gluten-free and great for weeknights here:
Easy Gluten-Free Ground Turkey Burger Recipe
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 lb Ground turkey 500 grams
- ⅓ cup Gluten-free oats
- Move the oven rack to the top position. Pre-heat the broiler and cover a cookie sheet in tinfoil (unless grilling the burgers, skip this step.)
- Make the sauce by combining the ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the ground turkey and oats in a large bowl. Add ½ of the sauce and stir to combine.
- Form ~6 patties from the mixture (⅓ heaping cup full) or 8 smaller ones.
- Grill the burgers or cook under the broiler for 5-7 minutes per side.
- Once flipped, brush the burgers with the other half of the sauce.
- Cook the burgers until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Serve hot with gluten-free buns and all the fixings (lettuce, tomatoes, etc)