This Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli recipe will be your new favourite way to cook broccoli! The frozen broccoli florets get crispy, crunchy tops from the air fryer. And with only 3 ingredients, it's a naturally gluten-free side side dish for weeknight dinners!
This recipe for crispy air fryer frozen broccoli will be one you'll come back to again and again!
Roasted vegetables are the BEST but the convenience of air fried frozen vegetables is tough to beat.
These broccoli florets go from frozen to crispy in (what feels like) no time at all.
Thanks to the air fryer and a little olive oil😄
✅Why air fryer frozen broccoli works
- 🥦It's so easy! With everything else going on in your life, the last thing you need is complicated when it comes to dinnertime. This air fried frozen broccoli keeps things simple and delicious.
- 🥦A side dish that wins over the whole family! When those little broccoli florets get all crunchy and crispy from the olive oil and heat in the air fryer, even the choosiest of eaters won't be able to resist putting them on their plate and diggin' in.
- 🥦It's healthy and naturally gluten-free - when you first go gluten-free, this is key! And frozen broccoli made in the air fryer hits all the marks.
📝Ingredients for air fryer frozen broccoli
All you'll need for this recipe is 3 simple ingredients:
- Frozen broccoli - chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil
- kosher salt
If you're looking to change up and / or add different flavours, see below for some ideas.
🔪How to make frozen broccoli in the air fryer
Just a couple easy steps and you'll have a delicious, gluten free vegetable side dish for supper:
See the recipe card below for some more tips and tricks.
🏅Two Quick Tips
- 🥶Keep the frozen broccoli, well - frozen! Don't let the frozen broccoli defrost before you cook it. This will help to make sure it really crisps up in the air fryer
- 🙆♀️Broccoli be stacking? It's okay! If the frozen broccoli florets are sitting on top of each other when you start the air fryer, it's totally fine. Just be sure to shake the basket half way through so the little florets don't spend the whole time on top of each other!
Looking to change things up a bit?
Here's a few ways to add some different flavours to air fried frozen broccoli:
- 🧄Add a boost of garlicky goodness with some garlic powder (fresh garlic is at risk of burning in the air fryer but you could try it - just make sure it's coated with the olive oil!
- 🧅Add some onion powder - use both onion and garlic powder for a classic taste combo
- 🧀Say CHEESE - parmesan cheese or grated romano cheese on top of the air fried broccoli is never a bad idea
- 🔥Like it spicy? Add cayenne pepper or dried chili flakes in the last few minutes of cooking
- 🍋Go for a bright lemony taste with lemon juice and / or some lemon rind. Squeeze the lemon juice over the broccoli right before serving
🍽️What to serve with frozen air fried broccoli
Having a healthy side dish like air fried frozen broccoli makes getting a gluten-free supper on the table so EASY.
Here's some popular main dishes that would go great with the crispy broccoli:
This air fryer frozen broccoli will be good for up to 2 days in the fridge. You can re-heat it the next day in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 425 degrees F.
You could also add the leftover air fried broccoli into a soup you're making or even eggs the next morning!
This Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup would be a perfect place to use up any leftover air fried broccoli.
Hope you love this crispy air fried broccoli like we do❣️
🙋♀️More Gluten Free Side Dishes
Sign-up to get all the healthy and gluten-free recipes delivered straight to your inbox each week.
"*" indicates required fields
Crispy Air Fryer Frozen Broccoli (3 ingredients!)
- 1 Air Fryer / convection oven
- 4 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat air fryer for 3 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- While the air fryer pre-heats, place frozen broccoli florets in a small bowl and toss with olive oil and salt.
- If the broccoli pieces are large, cut into bite-sized pieces before tossing in oil.
- Place the frozen broccoli pieces in the basket and put into the air fryer for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees F or until the broccoli pieces are browned.
- Take out of the air fryer and serve right away.