This post is sponsored by the good people behind Canadian-made LIVA Date Sugar.
These Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Date Sugar are here to make your life just that much sweeter.
Because couldn’t you use just a liiiitle more sweetness these days?
I know I could🙋♀️
And I know you want to keep up with your gluten-free and healthy way of eating too.
So what’s a gal to do?
Here’s something to try: LIVA date sugar is a perfect way to add sweetness into your life and it’s super easy to use.
LIVA date sugar is a pure, organic, all natural and versatile whole food sugar alternative to traditional sweeteners.
You can use LIVA almost anywhere you’d use regular sugar – cooking, baking. Just replace it 1:1 for regular sugar.
Plus, LIVA is lower in calories than many other sweeteners like refined white sugar. It has 15 calories and 3.6g of carbohydrates per 4g serving.
LIVA is solar dried for 2 days and then grinned into a powder. You get most of the nutrition that you get from dates, except the Vitamin C is done (sunlight will do that.)
It’s whole fruit sugar with nothing else added. And what’s great is that the fibre and antioxidants stay.
These Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Date Sugar really are the best of both worlds
So these Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Date Sugar really are the best of both worlds: you get the protein and healthy carbs from the black beans and the sweetness with a little boost of nutrition.
In a brownie.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Date Sugar:
- Black beans
- Gluten-Free baking flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour)
- LIVA Date Sugar
- Chocolate chips
- Baking soda
This is a super easy recipe, guys🙋♀️
You just need your food processor (or high speed blended) to mix things up and get those beans broken down.
I hope you love these Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Date Sugar!
If you like the sound of this recipe, check out these recipes too:
Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies with Date Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup date sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with a couple paper towels and spread the drained black beans on them to dry them out a bit more.
- Then melt the butter and chocolate chips together over low heat in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine and be careful not to let this mixture burn. Once melted and combined, remove from heat to let it cool a bit.
- In a medium bowl combine the gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a food processor or blender, place the black beans and the cooled down chocolate mixture and pulse a few times until combined and smooth. Then add the date sugar and eggs; process again until combined.
- Scrape the black bean mixture into the flour mixture and stir gently to combine. Add additional chocolate chips if desired (who doesn't desire that?) About 1/4 cup.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 25 minutes or until the top of the brownies aren't shiny and batter is set (doesn't jiggle in the pan.)
- Cool them in the pan for about 15 minutes or eat them warm right away.
- Keeps for 3 days in an air-tight container on the counter.