This Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce is the perfect mix of tangy and sweet with a hint of ginger and bitter orange. Just what your turkey dinner (or sandwich) ordered!🦃
What you’ll need to make this Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce:
- Fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- Unsweetened pomegranate juice
- Fresh ginger
- An orange – for the rind
Can I use dried cranberries for this recipe?
Dried cranberries won’t work as well because the frozen/fresh cranberries have the water in them that helps give the cranberry sauce more moisture. If you do want to live on the edge and use dried cranberries, be sure to adjust the pomegranate juice (ie, add more). You may also want to cook it down a bit longer or less it’ll be too soupy; instead of jam-like consistency.
What to serve with this simple cranberry sauce:
It may go without saying but let’s say it anyways: TURKEY🦃 This cranberry sauce makes a perfect side to compliment turkey at your next family meal but don’t stop there! The possibilities are endless:
- Put this sauce on your mashed potatoes, veggies, stuffing – everywhere on that Thanksgiving plate!
- Keep the leftovers (if there is any) and smear it on a gluten-free tortilla wrap and top with some leftover turkey and spinach
I hope you love this easy Cranberry and Pomegranate Sauce!
Check out some more healthy and gluten-free recipes:
- Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
- Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli Bake
- Healthy Banana Bread with White Beans
- Healthy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Scones
- Puffed Quinoa Bars with Almond Butter
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bars
Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
- 1 cup cranberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tsp Grated orange peel
- Pinch salt
- Place cranberries, pomegranate juice and grated ginger into a small saucepan. Grate orange peel over the pan and add the pinch of salt.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and heat over medium high until the cranberry mixture is bubbling. Cook for 8 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, mash cranberries with a potato masher or fork to smash them down. Continuing cooking with the lid off for another 4 minutes. Sauce will start to thicken.
- Once the mixture becomes a runny jam-like consistency, remove from heat.
- You can serve it right away, warm or it will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air-tight container.