This Smoked Salmon Potato Salad is a great dish to make for brunch. With smoked salmon, roasted mini potatoes and soft boiled eggs all topped with a dijon-forward and lime-spiked dressing. Simply delicious!
Here's what you'll need to make this Smoked Salmon Potato Salad:
- 1 package of smoked salmon (frozen and then thawed overnight for this recipe)
- Mini potatoes
- Eggs - boiled
- Green onions
- Greek yogurt
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
What to serve with this healthy smoked salmon potato salad:
You don't really need anything else for brunch, I say! This is an all-in-one dish. Maybe a mimosa?
But if you're looking for something else on the plate, I'd pair with a super simple green salad - like this one.
What to do with leftover smoked salmon:
If you have leftover smoked salmon, here are some ways to use it up:
- Cream cheese and smoked salmon is a classic combo: get some gluten-free crackers or gluten-free toast, smeared with cream cheese and top with smoked salmon pieces
- A quick "sushi roll" - not traditional sushi of course, but take small sticks of cucumber, rolled up in a sheet of smoked salmon, lined with rice. Dip in gluten-free soy sauce. Messy and delicious😋
- Speedy smoked salmon and eggs - boil a couple eggs (medium soft) and serve straight up in a bowl with smoked salmon, some fresh dill and a grind of salt and pepper on top. Keep gluten-free toast standing by for dipping too
How long does smoked salmon last?
One you thaw a package of smoked salmon, use it up within 3 days. Keep any leftover smoked salmon in an air-tight container in the fridge.
And don't re-freeze previously frozen smoked salmon. The results are not pretty.
Is smoked salmon healthy?
Smoked salmon is packed with nutrition. It's a great source of healthy, omega 3 fats; protein, and a good source of vitamins and minerals, like B12, vitamin A and vitamin E.
How to boil an egg in water without the shell:
Here's how to make perfect boiled eggs (out of the shell):
- Heat about 4 cups of water in a large pot until a rolling boil
- Add about 2 tablespoon of white vinegar to the water. This keeps the egg together in the water
- Working 1 egg at a time, crack the egg into a small bowl. Ease the egg into the boiling water from the small bowl. Do this with each egg, 1 at a time.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes for soft eggs; 7-8 for hard boiled. The best way to check if your eggs are done is to take them out of the boiling water with a slotted spoon onto a plate covered in doubled up paper towel. If they're very jiggly; they're soft. Not so jiggly? Medium to hard boiled (the yolk will be firm.)
If this is your first time cooking eggs like this, try cooking 2 eggs at a time checking the doneness until you get it the way you like them.
For this smoked salmon potato salad recipe, we like the eggs a little runny.
Hope you love this smoked salmon potato salad like we do!
Check out these other easy, gluten-free recipes here:
- Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breast
- Apple Cinnamon Chia Pudding (breakfast)
- Easy Quinoa Salad with Feta
- Baked Feta and Cherry Tomato Pasta (gluten-free)
- Healthy Banana Bread with White Beans
- Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup (no beans)
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins with Coconut Flour
Smoked Salmon Potato Salad
- 10 oz frozen smoked salmon, thawed about 4 oz
- 1 bag mini potatoes
- 6 boiled eggs
- 4 green onions chopped
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut the mini potatoes in half.
- Toss the potatoes in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Shake the pan so the potatoes turn over and roast for another 10 minutes. Test them by piercing with a fork.
- Once potatoes are done roasting, let them cool on a serving tray.
- Meanwhile, put a pot of water on to boil on high. Once the water comes to a roiling boil, carefully add the eggs. Turn down heat to medium-high. Boil eggs for 12 minutes for hard boiled; 10 minutes for medium; 8 minutes for soft.
- While the potatoes roast and eggs boil, whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Once eggs are done, top the roasted potatoes with Top with pieces of smoked salmon, boiled eggs halves and green onions. Drizzle dressing on top and serve immediately. Serve with any leftover dressing on the side.
Leave a Reply